We pick it up tomorrow!

We are picking up our 2008 BH 3670rl tomorrow! Yay.
We are very excited. Can't wait to hook up and drive it home. It will be a busy day of moving contents of toyhauler to the BH, but worth it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Congratulations! The 3670 is THE floorplan to have. But then, I'm a little prejudiced :rolleyes:

2010augusta

Enjoy the new rig. I am sure you'll love the floorplan, we love it too. I can't believe all the storage room in the kitchen. I have almost all of the kitchen appliances out of our old S&B.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jim & Nicki, Welcome to the Heartland Family. As you have already found, there are a great bunch of folks here on the forum ready to help you learn about your new Bighorn. Enjoy your "new" rig and travel safe.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Awesome!!!
Welcome to the Heartland Family. I am sure you will enjoy many years of camping in your new rig. Great floorplan by the way.

Mark

MONEY

I remember how excited we were to get ours. It's no where near nice as half of the members on here but for our first one we love it. Next time it's hooked to the truck I'm doing pics.

Just got home and backed that beauty up next to the hauler to move belongings.
Oh my gosh, I am so glad. Husband was very impressed with the way the camper handled on the way home.
We just sat in the chairs looking around, not believing it is ours and so pretty, homey, warm...but who am I talking to, you all know it already.
Will take some time to get put stuff away and make it our own.
And the best part is the camper matches the color of my husbands pick up. Yay another good thing.

Off to rest for a whole day of moving.

Anyone want to help????? lol

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just got home and backed that beauty up next to the hauler to move belongings.
Oh my gosh, I am so glad. Husband was very impressed with the way the camper handled on the way home.
We just sat in the chairs looking around, not believing it is ours and so pretty, homey, warm...but who am I talking to, you all know it already.
Will take some time to get put stuff away and make it our own.
And the best part is the camper matches the color of my husbands pick up. Yay another good thing.

Off to rest for a whole day of moving.

Anyone want to help????? lol

Nope, been there, done that :D. We had to haul all the stuff from the 27 ft. TT that was in the basement (house), truck it to the 3670 at the storage yard and load it in the basement. We actually put everything away when we took it to a nearby CG and opened it up. When we were done, we wondered what we'd forgotten with having still empty cabinets and basement compartments. We've got everything we need on board, now, and still have empty space in the main basement. Room enough for the two cat carriers (when we bring the furballs), spare litter pail, and the big cooler we haul up and empty into the fridge. We'll be back up to ours next week for a two week stay.

caissiel

We just bought a new 3500RL BC on thursday last week and found out today they will take 3 weeks to prep it, how long did it take to prep yours. I feel like you, can't wait to hook her up and start the planning and moving in.
Welcome to the heartland Family

We just bought a new 3500RL BC on thursday last week and found out today they will take 3 weeks to prep it, how long did it take to prep yours. I feel like you, can't wait to hook her up and start the planning and moving in.
Welcome to the heartland Family
Well, we made the "deal" then went on a camping trip we had planned for 8 days. The dealer had 2 weeks to get it set up. We had a date for Thursday but called to move it up a day because we couldn't stand to wait any longer. They were accommodating and moved us up a day. So I am going to have to say, 3 weeks seems like a long time to me. But I don't know how large the dealer is you purchased from. And really don't know if that should make a difference. From what I could see prepping ours meant,
washing it, carpets cleaned, drawers cleaned and the few items we found that needed repair(like the fire place). All in all not too much.
I am sure the tires, electrical, awning and etc. was done but I wouldn't like the have to wait 3 weeks.

caissiel

But I told them that there was small concerns that could be rescheduled when the busy season was over. I was told to put the insurance on the unit for pickup today and therefore put everything in boxes, took the washer out, packed my sewer kit removed the spare battery, and all the dry food and Clothes are packed. Now this afternoon was spend in making the old unit liveable again. Now I am paying for a unit that is parked in the yard. I feel like going to pick it up (Its Mine Now) and the **** with the service. I emailed the manager and never got a reply. I plan doing my own prep anyway. I cannot trust crapy service.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
R U venting.... I can't say I blame you. We got put off a week when we bought ours 2 years ago. Different dealer but same story. Just remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease so squeak wheel squeak. Good luck

imchud

But I told them that there was small concerns that could be rescheduled when the busy season was over. I was told to put the insurance on the unit for pickup today and therefore put everything in boxes, took the washer out, packed my sewer kit removed the spare battery, and all the dry food and Clothes are packed. Now this afternoon was spend in making the old unit liveable again. Now I am paying for a unit that is parked in the yard. I feel like going to pick it up (Its Mine Now) and the **** with the service. I emailed the manager and never got a reply. I plan doing my own prep anyway. I cannot trust crapy service.

OMG... :eek: :eek: - what a bunch of crap... We purchased ours on a Tuesday (signed the papers) and we picked it up that Saturday... They Cleaned it, did the carpets, washed and waxed the outside, filled the propain tanks, put in the battery & caulked around the shower because they said they always leaked, and that was about it.... NOW GO AND GET YOUR RIG!!!:D

caissiel

Yes I worked as a scheduler most of my life and falling behind never worked it only looses faith in the system. if they are behind with me can you Imagine how many are in the same situation.

You are right its mine and I should go get it tomorrow.

Yes I worked as a scheduler most of my life and falling behind never worked it only looses faith in the system. if they are behind with me can you Imagine how many are in the same situation.

You are right its mine and I should go get it tomorrow.

They will probably make you sign a release saying you take it as is though. I don't know, I just hate having someone who doesn't care be in charge of my life.

So sorry for you troubles.

caissiel

I received a call from service manager at the head office in Indiana this morning and he assured me he would take care of it.
And I have no intension to return there for waranty work.
I had an issue with Walmart Batteries and the service manager made me wait 2 hrs in the cold one evening to tell me nothing was wrong with my Batteries, I took both Batteries to the return Dept and told them I was returning the batteries and wanted my money back. I told the manager that the service dept was a joke and the service manager is no more. We have to vent if we can to help others that don't.

bigredtruck

OUr Cyclone arrived at the dealer from the factory about 2 hours before DH arrived to pick it up. they were able to prep and PDI in a day so he could get back on the road to Vancouver from Michigan.