Sound dampening on roof

paulm235

When it rains it sounds like someone is dropping ping pong balls on a hard plastic surface. In my previous TT(non Heartland) I could hear the rain but it was never loud enough to keep me awake. Now with the fiver when it rains it seems to be much louder that it needs to be and can literlly wake a person up (and keep them up). Does anyone else experience that? :eek:

tmcran

I have noticed the rain is a lot louder in our Sundance than our TT. I think it may be due to the bedroom slide has little material between the slide- out roof and the interior. Our TT had the whole roof above us.

grizzlygiant

I have not been bothered at all by the sound of te rain...in fact I enjoy it. I do have slide toppers which may make a big difference???

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think a laminated roof may have a lot to do with that. Previous to the laminated roofs, bat insulation was used and it absorbed a lot of the noise from rain. On the up side, the laminated roofs and floors are much stronger.

paulm235

The 305ES that I have doesn't have the bedroom slide so the I think the reason lies more in what Ray has said. I normally love the sound of rain but this seems unusually loud. It doesn't help that I am a light sleeper I suppose ;). I normally run a fan to drown out outside noise but it can't compete against that. It's like hail battering the roof when there is a heavy down pour. Enough whining, I can always use ear plugs :).
Thanks everyone for the comments. Heartland makes a fantastic rig and we couldn't be happier!