New Big Country Prep Service

caissiel

How long should I wait for the prep service on my new 3500RL. I bought a new unit last week and today I was told the unit will be scheduled to be ready for the end of the month (the service department told me they were setting the schedule today or it would be delayed even more. I have insured it and started Financing it as of Tuesday.
I now have moved all the installed options like a washing machine, audio video, and stored food and clothes to get ready for today because I was told that I could choose a pickup date. now for the next 2 1/2 weeks I will be living out of boxes, We have been Fulltiming for the last 4 years, and all our stuff was here in the old unit. For us its like preparing a household move, and it was the oportunity to enjoy the rest of the summer.
Well I told them what I tought about my situation and advised them that I was questioning their service. I am not saying what dealership yet because I am a fair person, I am starting to dought their servicebility for my unit.
In return I had a list of conserns that needed to be looked after, and I admitted to the service dept that I would wait for those to be repaired later after the summer season rush. Most of those conserns I would have solved them anyway because they were just lite cosmic problems like ordering a new cupbord door because it broke in transport, I had the same problem on my unit, it was an alignment problem. The table rubbed on the center Island when the slide was in, just relocate the table is required.

I was going to improve the underbelly problem myself, Its a design flaw that I will repair.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sorry to hear about the delays in getting your rig. It certainly doesn't sound like very good customer service from your dealer. I wouldn't think it should take more than a week to get it ready for delivery unless they sell an abnormal amount of trailers and are that backlogged. Our dealer has techs that do new trailer prep and another set of techs for service work. Both groups can be flexed either way as demand changes.

caissiel

I feel that first impressions are what is so important for attracting new customers, I have a feeling that Heartland did not get up this fast by turning customers off like I am treated. I send an email to the manager and never got an answer yet. I am a regular forum user and the word surely will get around. The company is Leisure Days RV, in Moncton and they have branches all around Canada. What a cheap outfit. I will surely do my own prep after I have posession of my trailer.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
caissiel, I can't believe that a dealer is treating you that way. In 2 1/2 weeks you could build 10 HL trailers. I doubt if HL could do anything for you, but you give them a call anyway. IMHO, I dont think HL has anything to do with getting you trailer prepped in a timely manner. Sounds like you found a lousy dealer and the blame falls on them. Good luck...hope you get your coach sooner than that. Bob:D

caissiel

I received a call first thing this morning from the manager of services in indiana and he assured he would take car of it. I am waiting for a call, hope it will be good news.

Excellent reply from him, but so fare not a message from the dealer.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Our 3055 came in one day we were at a RV show and saw them they told us that day it was here . They said they were getting ready to call us we went that day to look at it and picked it up 2 days later not 2 weeks . Good luck Kathy:)

SilverRhino

Sounds Like a Dealer Issue

The time frame you were given seems unreasonable to me.......we closed the deal on our BC on Saturday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. .......... Had the unit home in the driveway, waiting to be loaded on the following Monday at 4:00 p.m. :)

No matter how good the product..........a bad dealer at point of sale.....can ruin everything!

Just a personal observation :eek:

caissiel

It is becomming a Joke among my friends that also bought new ones lately. And I was told to pospone the insurance by the service manager. I can't do that the unit is in our names n ow the deal has been done.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I actually signed some papers on mine at a show in January 08. Due to the fact I was having several options installed at the dealership, I picked up my Cyclone in March. I initially asked for dual pane windows, so I would have to wait for a new unit from the factory, but they weren't available for my model. I ended up taking the exact show model with the other added options. They added tank heaters, slide awnings, TV bracket in garage and a rear electric awning. :)

caissiel

Wow what a great week we did have. I received a call on friday morning from the dealer and he apologized for missing the preperation on my trailer. The unit had been overlooked and he himself looked at the proper prep for me by noon on friday. I took ownership of the unit at 3 Pm and proceeded to moving our stuff from one unit to the other. The storage is huge and it took me the rest of the day to transfer the stuff. I took off with the new Big Country 3500RL and was on my way to meet the mrs in Fredericton by 6 PM. We have spend the last week parked by the river, and she admired the view from the dinnette window. We are very happy with our purchase and I can assure you that the service was well done by the dealer.