king bed in BC 5th wheels

caissiel

I did a search in this forum for the beds and never found any posts.
Here we go, I purchased a new trailer last week and I measured the King bed and its 72" wide. All bedding are for 78" wide Kings and it leaves us looking to install a queen that we have stored. My first impression of the bed is that it will give me a bad back like hotel beds do to me, Thats one of the reason I love to travel in my unit, The beds in motels are awfull.
I measured the Box on the unit and its 64" wide. Anyone did the switch before and how complicated was it. I plane to build a new bed box to fit the queen with real Oak Wood.

sidney dreyfus

new mattress

Have you looked into the foam toppers. If I remember right the california king fit our big horn. You can also shave them down if necessary. overstock.com has them.

caissiel

I tried it on my present unit and after buying 2 with no satisfaction (the foam holds heat and you cannot keep sheets on the bed), I dumped my trailer queen size mattress and put in a double unit that was the same length. The bed lasted the life of the camper and still serves well. Why do manufactures build these unit normal size so we can change to a better unit to suit our needs after all we spend 1/3 of the time in the bed of the unit. No customers use the same bed style. I checked and the California Kings are 84" long, to long for the bed in our unit.

imchud

I did a search in this forum for the beds and never found any posts.
Here we go, I purchased a new trailer last week and I measured the King bed and its 72" wide. All bedding are for 78" wide Kings and it leaves us looking to install a queen that we have stored. My first impression of the bed is that it will give me a bad back like hotel beds do to me, Thats one of the reason I love to travel in my unit, The beds in motels are awfull.
I measured the Box on the unit and its 64" wide. Anyone did the switch before and how complicated was it. I plane to build a new bed box to fit the queen with real Oak Wood.

Type in "King to Queen Too" or look on page two of general Modifications under king to queen...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've been trying to find a thread from a while back but so far I'm not having any luck. A Landmark owner converted his King to a Queen and had a very good description with pictures. I'll keep trying to find it. We did find custom made linens (in stock) for our 72" wide king at this place. http://www.ablifestyles.net/servlet/StoreFront
Fairly priced and well made in USA.

caissiel

thanks that was a great write-up, sure will use his info. might raise the bed to. and I read that the hyd. slides causes the bed to be offset to one side. Raising the bed might solve that. We are to old to be kicky, hahahaha

caissiel

On a sunday night I got mad and took the king bed out and modified the bed frame to fit a queen bed, I narrowed it by 12" and everything went well. We bought an independent coil mattress and my back ach went away. Thanks for the writeup information, it gave me the courage to do it. We love the extra space it gave to the bedroom.