onan generator exhaust

Just picked up new 09 Landmark Pinhurst with onan generator. The exhaust pipe rides pretty low to the ground. Has anyone changed theirs or adapted to remove and reattach for travel. Thanks

2010augusta

We have had no issues with the factory exhaust pipe dragging or snagging anything while traveling. It does appear to be low, but so far so good.

jbeletti

casaverde2,

Same here as the others. Mine looks low but it has yet to drag on the road and I have been in many "interesting" situations.

Since the exhaust comes out the bottom of the gen cabinet, a 90* radius bend needs to be made to route the pipe to the side of the coach. So the depth of the bend has a bit to do with the fact that the pipe hangs low. That, and there is a minimum spacing below the surface of the underbelly that must be maintained from that hot exhaust pipe.

Our experience says you should be okay in most circumstances.

Enjoy that Pinehurst. I have a bit of a soft spot for that floor plan :)

Jim

jbeletti

When we were developing new LM floor plans, I pushed for one with a free-standing island and a split bath (separate commode room). Enter, the Pinehurst :)

After 2 years, I still love the usability of the layout "for us". That said, I am getting a New Grand Canyon the first of the year. Connected island and all-in-one bath. But this rig is stunning! The desk area is the best we've done - I think. I work from the RV quite a bit so I am looking forward to this feature. I hope to get used to the island and bathroom :)