The Oven is not bolted down

DW_Gray

I can't believe this is happening to me. After arriving tonight, Amy discovered the oven/range about 1.5 inches out from the back. I took a quick look and learned it's completely loose. Where is it supposed to be bolted down?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
That's not good! The oven/stovetop is supposed to be screwed into the sides of the opening. I'm guessing the LP connection kept it from coming out any further. Open up the top of the stove and then pull up on the front of the upper plate that surrounds the burners. Unhook that same piece from the tabs in the rear. Try to see if the original screws (on the sides of that burner well) have pulled through the holes or if there were any screws in the first place. Either way, relocate and level the unit as best you can and drive a few screws into the side frames of the rough opening. Two on each side, front and rear should do. Use washers to prevent the screws from pulling through again.

DW_Gray

Thanks. I got that problem fixed. The original screws were too short, (1.25 inches). I replaced them with 1 5/8 inch screws. Should be good to go.