Antifreeze taste

We purchased our 2006 Big Horn 3400rl this last April. It was winterized by the dealer. Before we left the dealership they filled the fresh water tank. When we went to use the fresh water it had a very strong odor and taste from the antifreeze. I have since drained the water tank,water heater and main lines three times. I flushed the washing machine lines only once. Since the drain valve is toward the front I had the front end of the coach lower to hopefully fully drain the tank. I have failed miserably. There is still an odor and antifreeze taste in the water. How can I get rid of this?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Try using a cup of bleach with about 5 gals of water first. Drain completely, and then mix baking soda and water in the talk (fill it all the way up with water and use a whole box of baking soda). Drain and fill then see how it's doing. You may need to repeat a couple of times.

Bobby A

in addition to boat to 5er suggestion, run each faucet till you smell bleach, repeat with each faucet hot and cold. Let it sit in the lines a few hours, than drain and run you regular water through the lines. This has ALWAYS worked for me.

rick_debbie_gallant

Believe it or not< I once knew a guy that winterized his sailboats fresh water tanks with several gallons of cheap vodka. The crew was always happy to help with the spring commissioning and such with the boat each year. Just several gallons of orange juice, etc and everyone was happy.:D