Amplifier for stereo unit

jimpav

Just wondering if the 100ZXI 12 Volt 2-Channel Audio Amplifier can plug directly into the AWM970? There appears to be a cable in the back of the unit that accepts an amplifier. Wondering also if there are any other direct connect amplifiers that can give the audio some boost???

Eagle Ridge 35DSRL

caissiel

yes there is a low volume RCA conn. and it can feed an other system, I plan on adding an A/C Theater system.
I have a 5.1 A/C theater sound system that I hookup to my Computer. Since I bought the trailer I have been thinking how do I have an A/C and a D/C Sound system. With the number of speaker selection it is going to be a chalenge. I will connect the A/C unit from the TV, and Radio/DVD and use the 4 ceiling speakers with the A/C woofer, this will give me the Theater Sound with High end sound. Next I will install a seperate set of speakers around the desk on the same connections the unit had for the ceiling. that way I have the D/C Radio/DVD still available everywhere while I have A/C Theater sound in the livingroom. In the bedroom and outside the existing unit will be plenty strong. I looked at switching system and it surely be more equipment and complicated to operate. The 5.1 unit is used in my old trailer with just the right sound quality for viewing TV and CD/DVD/SD/USB/Radio/Computer, looks like its enough system for now. If the trailer speaker cannot hold the load I will have to use the 5.1 speakers. I think the trailer speakers are rated 20Watts RMS will be plenty.

Last edited:

jimpav

That sounds like an awesome setup, but I was just interested in the Jensen amplifier that's only $39.00. Will it really make any difference??????

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

Use of the 100ZXI in place of one of the AWM970's output channels would not improve audio output significantly. In order to obtain a noticeable boost in audio output that would justify the cost and effort, I would recommend our POWER760 amplifier.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

jimpav

That sounds like the ticket, but how does it connect to the AWM970......i.e. will it just plug into it ?
Also, does the amplifier run on A/C??? That's why I wanted the 12 volt 100 ZXI unit. thanks

JENSENRVdirect

The POWER760 will connect to the AWM970's speaker level outputs with the use of a SNI35 hi-level input adaptor (sold separately). This will provide the audio signal. Use of the AWM970's AUDIO OUT is not recommended as this is a fixed output level and would not allow control over the volume. This will also allow control over A & B speaker selection from the AWM970.

The PINK +12V DC Trigger wire will connect to the POWER760's turn-ON circuit so the amp turns ON/OFF with the AWM970. The POWER760 does run off of +12V DC and will need a sufficient fused power wire as well as a ground wire.

Last edited: