its waxed

4ever

Our new Bighorn 3410 RE just received its first coat of wax. It took me about 2 days. Wow what a big job. That is a lot of wax on and wax off. At least it looks really good now. We plan to take our next trip in a few weeks and get it all dirty again. Oh well.

Bobby A

Yea, it's alot of work but diffently worth it, I know its to late now but I hope you didn't forget to clean the roof first ?? BTW, what wax did you use ?? I will tackle my wax job next month, just intime to head south for the winter.

4ever

Yes it sure was a lot of work and your right it was worth it. I did not clean the roof because it was not to bad. We just purchased our unit back the end of April. I used Meguiar's Premium Marine Wax and thought it works well.

Bobby A

Yes it sure was a lot of work and your right it was worth it. I did not clean the roof because it was not to bad. We just purchased our unit back the end of April. I used Meguiar's Premium Marine Wax and thought it works well.

Good choice on the wax, thats what I've used on previous SOB's and will use on our new B/H. We ordered ours and picked it up the first week in April. Have safe travels

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
YEP, wax on ...wax off. Thats the easy part..... How about up and down a ladder 200 times. :eek: Bob

Bobby A

I was looking on the Meguiars web site, looks like they have changed some of the formulas since I last used it. I used to use the wax that was in a blue bottle. It looks like now they have made that a polish. They do have what they call a Flagship Premium Wax made for boats and Rv's, is this the product you used ?? Thanks

TXBobcat

Fulltime
One thing you might concider. If you keep your roof clean by washing it with dawn when you wash your trailer it will reduce or almost eliminate black streaks.

BC

porthole

Retired
The dawn will help strip off the old wax..............................

We use marine wax, Starbrite with Teflon, works well on gel coat.
On the boat I use a simple green mix to clean off the black streaks and diesel soot on the transom. That works without taking the wax off.

Bobby A

Yes the Flgship premium waxiswhat I used.

O.K. thanks for replying back 4ever, where did you get it ?? It looks like I could order it from their web site if I can't find a retail store. Again, I haven't used that formula, just the one that was in a blue bottle. If you say it worked well, I will go with that. thanks again,

wazz_zup

I use the Meguiar's Flagship Premium Marine wax also. I couldn't find it anywhere locally. I got it on Amazon for $12....just had to wait a week to get it. It's gonna take three or four evenings to wax this big boy!

Bobby A

I use the Meguiar's Flagship Premium Marine wax also. I couldn't find it anywhere locally. I got it on Amazon for $12....just had to wait a week to get it. It's gonna take three or four evenings to wax this big boy!
y

Thanks for that info, yea, its time consumeing but well worth it. I love pulling into a camp grounds and my tow vehicle and trailer are just a shining bright !! Don't forget to shine the wheels and tires also.

4ever

I purchased the wax at West Marine. They are marine stores. You can purchase at their stores or online.

Bobby A

Thanks for that info, I was at Gander Mtn. today and yes they had it but it was $18 a bottle. If that was the only place I could get it, I would bite the bullet and get it. But I like $12 better. I'll check Amazon now.
Thanks again,
Bobby A

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I was told that Dawn is the worst stuff you can put on a rubber roof, it's so strong it will take all your protectent off, sorry.

Funny how information evolves year to year. EPDM manufacturers actually recommended Dawn a few years back. I have always used it on all our rubber roofs!

(1) Keep your roof clean. Clean your roof at least four (4) times annually. For normal cleaning:
Use RC100 or a mild laundry detergent. Caution: DO NOT use cleaners or conditioners containing petroleum solvents, harsh abrasives, or citric based cleaners. COPYRIGHT 1997 by Dicer Corporation, Elkhart, Indiana 46515

Each EPDM manufacturer recommends using their own brand of cleaner, but all approve the use of mild laundry detergent. Dawn will wash the wax off your rig though!