Radio input is inop.

2010augusta

I went to listen to the radio tonight while I did the dishes, and our Samsung surround sound system could not find a station. I have a clock radio in the bedroom so I checked what station it was on and set the Samsung to the same and still all I got was static. I wiggled the wires and got a weak signal. I went to tighten the input to the back of the receiver and it came apart. I also felt what looks like a splice in the wire and it seemed really "soft". I removed the wire to try to repair the coax end that had came off and see why the other part was soft. It turns out it is an adapter from the antenna style end to coax, and since NO re-enforcement had been done to the connector the center wire of the coax had broke off at the insulator. I guess I be calling Heartland in the morining for a replacement patch wire.

Attachments

• DSCN6345.JPG
    DSCN6345.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN6347.JPG
    DSCN6347.JPG
    357.9 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN6348.JPG
    DSCN6348.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 34

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you don't want to wait for one to be sent to you check with Radio Shack they are available there. Don't cost that much.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Take that jerry-rigged adapter and toss it. You will not find one at Radio Shack or anywhere else. I know. The fix, as reported by others, is to connect the Samsung antenna input to the TV antenna output via a 75-ohm splitter. I did it, and it works like a charm. Had the same problem with our radio the first time I tried it. With the tight space in the cabinet for the Samsung, get a 90-deg. coax adapter fitting to relieve the strain on the cord.