Rubber roofs on trailers

Erma

What is the best product to use to treat the rubber roof on the trailers? I'm sure it takes a beating in the summer sun and weather, is there a good product out there to prolong it's life?

jbeletti

We use Dicor rubber roofs (EPDM).

Check out the Care section on their website for what they recommend.

Link.

care&maintenance.png

Care & Maintenance
With years of experience in the manufacture and distribution of EPDM rubber roofing for RV’s, Dicor brings you a full line of care and maintenance products made specifically for your RV rubber roofing needs.

roofingcomponents.png

Roof Renew Kit
Put the beauty back in your RV’s rubber roof and add years to its life! Includes everything you need.

Detmer

I actually called Dicor several months ago and talked to them about the EDPM roofing.
They told me that I could wash the roof with a soap that has no oils or perfumes in it ( plain Dawn dishwashing soap) and that would work just fine.
And The EDPM rubber should last about 10 years. They said that if I wanted to use their roof care products that would be fine but not necessary.

Last edited:

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We wash ours a couple times a year with a cleaner made for roofs then use 303 protectant. I've also used Spic n' Span for some really good cleaning. We've had rubber roofs on most of the past RV's we've owned and have been using this method on all of them. The 303 is OK with Dicor and it really helps with things not sticking to the roof as well as UV protection.
Be careful, it's slippery up there. I've got to do a roof tomorrow for some friends of ours. Wear a good pair of non-slip shoes. I use my "fishing" shoes, a pair of deck shoes with non-slip soles.

Ya know, before Dicor made cleaning products, they only recommended a mild soap and water for cleaning. If you use a car wash soap, it should not remove the wax from the side. Course that's assuming one waxes. :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Dawn dishwashing liquid, water, and a car wash brush removed the black crud from my roof. First time I washed it was last week. Then I had all the seams, vents, etc., resealed with Dicor sealant. Didn't need to use a lot of soap in the scrub bucket, either.

jnbhobe

I've been useing reliable for years, its the best stuff I've found and I mean the BEST. I use it on black streaks the awning and slide out covers the roof and any other place I need a good cleaner. Spray your awning and roll it up, then wash the rig open up the awning runa soapy brush over it and it will look like new.

Birchwood

I use dish soap for the regular washes and Tilex (Dicor recommended) to remove the mildew once a year.
Sometimes a good rain will do a good job and no manual cleaning is required.I started using 303 protectorant
(I have no shares in there stock) only at the edges because I like it nice and white and so far so good.

future3490owner

I've been useing reliable for years, its the best stuff I've found and I mean the BEST. I use it on black streaks the awning and slide out covers the roof and any other place I need a good cleaner. Spray your awning and roll it up, then wash the rig open up the awning runa soapy brush over it and it will look like new.

I agree with you 100%. If i was running so low, i would have used it on the roof today. But i need what i have left for cleaning my shower pan in the house. I did use it to wash the body. Thanks for the re-assurance of using it on the roof. I will use it when i wash the roof again in a few months.