BC Provincial Campgrounds

wyleyrabbit

Hi everyone,

We've had a great summer with our BH3055RL so far, have gone out a half-dozen times and have stayed in 3 different RV parks. Love it!

I would really like to try some of the BC Provincial Campgrounds, but have heard that some of them are much too small for us. Has anyone had any experience one way or the other that they could share? We're in the Vancouver area, so ones within a reasonable drive would be great. If the road is too narrow or the turn too tight, or the trees too low, it would be great to know in advance.

Thanks,
Chris

Garry & Bev

travel bug
When we go out to the coast, we like to stay at the Fort Langley campground. Beautiful little provincial park. Lots of room, swimming pool, bike and walking trails, close to Fort Langley. Check out their website if you haven't already stayed there.

wyleyrabbit

Hi Garry & Bev,

Yes, we've stayed at Fort Langley more than anywhere so far. It's great, and only about a 20 minute drive from where we live.

Have you tried any parks such as Manning Park, Golden Ears, Rolley Lake, Alice Lake, Porteau Cove, etc.? We have camped in a few of these back in our tenting days and really miss camping in a forest with a freshwater lake (for swimming/fishing) nearby. We'd love to get back to that type of camping, but are not sure we can fit now.

Cheers,
Chris

Garry & Bev

travel bug
We have always wanted to stop in Manning Park on the way out but haven't done it yet. I guess we've always been to anxious to get to visit the grandkids. So I guess I'm no help here.
Congratulations on your new baby! Our youngest son's wife just had a baby girl, which we are excited about. Until now we've only had boys. This little girl is going to be somewhat spoiled(loved).None

We took our 3055 to Miracle Beach Park, between Courntenay and Campbell River. They have quite a few spots that could accommodate it.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
We stopped in a Provincial Park on our way home via Saulte Ste. Marie, Ontario and the park thought we would fit. Bob had to back up 3/4 of a mile to get us out of the Park. Can you see why-just look at our photo. (thanks, Jim).

Garry & Bev

travel bug
If you are on Vancouver island, Telegraph cove is a great place to go with lots of room for long rv's. We also have stayed at Paradise resort on the island which worked out well.

bigredtruck

We didn't have too much trouble getting the Cyclone into Manning Park Coldspring and I think Lightning Lake would be fine as well. We went to Golden Ears with our SOB and also didn't have any troubles but we were in a double site with some friends so it was a little more open.

shovelguy

Shuswap (near Salmon Arm) has some nice sites along the outer ring. Those on the interior are large enough, but most have 90 degree turns off rather narrow roads, making it difficult to get the front end of the truck around when backing in. I think they take reservations. And its one of my favorite parks in BC.

wyleyrabbit

We went on a field trip to Alice Lake. Although sites 1-55 now have 30A service, most of them are either too short, or the road too narrow to get it in.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Coldspring at Manning Park is our favorite. More peaceful than Lightning Lake, which is great also. We stayed at Harald Park east of Tappen for our son's wedding. It was fantastic if you can get down closer to the lake, most likely have to make a reservation though.