12v Fan in Bathroom not working

We just picked up our new North Country 27BHS, and the fan in the roof of the bathroom won't turn on. Is there anything special that needs to be done before turning it on?

I'm just trying to make sure that I haven't missed something dumb before taking it back to the dealership for warranty repair.

Other than that everything seems to work perfectly fine!

I looked and didn't see a fuse dedicated to the 12v fan so I didn't check them all. I figured that if it didn't work, then there is something else that must not work too, but everything else seemed to work, and I couldn't find a dedicated fuse for the 12v fan... I can check them all though...

B. Lee

Firecapt422
Did you ckeck the wire connections. I had a reading lite above the ben not work becasue one of the wires did not have a good connection.

SilverRhino

Check Power at Fan

I would start by checking to see if there was power at the fan......use a meter or 12volt test light........Just my opinion:eek:

Bobby A

I have a bad 12v fan in my bedroom, it works, its just real loud, and the one in the bathroom is much quitier, so I will get it replaced while its under warranty.

grizzlygiant

I have a bad 12v fan in my bedroom, it works, its just real loud, and the one in the bathroom is much quitier, so I will get it replaced while its under warranty.

Do yourself a favor by upgrading to a Fantastic fan. You will not be sorry.

Bobby A

Do yourself a favor by upgrading to a Fantastic fan. You will not be sorry.

If I didn't have one already I would consider it. I don't use the fan in the bedroom much anyway, in fact, I have only used it once, thats when I noticed it was bad. Thanks for the suggestion though.

PepsiKing

In our 30BHS there is a little black (maybe red?) button right up below the fan. This needs to be pushed in order for the fan to work from the wall switch. Ours didn't work either when doing the PDI and the service manager reached up, hit the button and it came to life.

I agree with the others about upgrading to the fantastic fan as the one that comes stock is pretty pointless.

Hope this helps...