Wheels

DJBirk

I would like to replace the E rated rims on my 2006, 3055 bighorn with G rims. I believe the rim supplier for this trailer was/is Hi Spec Wheels ( HWT ). The wheels I'm looking at are hi spec series #3 16x7, 8x6.5 bolt pattern, 4.90 bore 3960# 110 psi., with an 8mm offset. Will these wheels fit the axles ( bore size ) on my 6000 lb. Alko axles. After measuring without taking the wheel off I believe they will. Thanks for your help.....Don

jimtoo

Hi DJBirk,

I moved your post to the Bighorn Frame area which covers axles and wheels. I do not think you will get an answer from Heartland as they do not supply the axles and wheels. These are supplied by Lippert. Use this number to contact them and they should be able to answer your question. 866-524-7821

Also some of our Heartland Family have replaced their wheels and maybe someone will jump in here and answer your question.

Jim M

TXBobcat

Fulltime
A question.. How do you know the rims are not G rated (110 lb pressure). The tires may be E rated but if the rims are like many of our Bighorns they maybe G rated.

Check the spare and if on the back of the rim it has 3750lbs it sould be G rated..

BC

rick_debbie_gallant

When we took delivery of our 3670 several weeks ago the gent walking us through told me not to put more than I think 80 or 90 lbs. in my tires. when I got a chance and looked at the sidewall of the tires a couple of weeks later the side walls said 110 lbs:confused:. Whats up with that?

Delaine and Lindy

Wheels.....

Don, if I were you I would call Southwest wheel in Dallas Texas and tell them what you want to do and get their advice. They are a awesome place for getting wheel information. I have ordered from them in the past, a set of Aluminum Alcoa wheels and a several wheels crack. Good Luck with your choice. GBY.....

www.southwestwheel.com

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When we took delivery of our 3670 several weeks ago the gent walking us through told me not to put more than I think 80 or 90 lbs. in my tires. when I got a chance and looked at the sidewall of the tires a couple of weeks later the side walls said 110 lbs:confused:. Whats up with that?

Possibly confusion with the many brands, styles and sizes they sell. I bought from the same dealer (and would again) and was told 100 psi. After reading about China Bombs, I keep them at 105 - 110 psi, even though it's sitting still all summer. I checked them two months after parking it, and they're holding pressure. Mine are the Freestar brand. So far, I haven't read much about them blowing up. Mission tires...another story. I am checking into pricing on GY G614's though.

rick_debbie_gallant

Possibly confusion with the many brands, styles and sizes they sell. I bought from the same dealer (and would again) and was told 100 psi. After reading about China Bombs, I keep them at 105 - 110 psi, even though it's sitting still all summer. I checked them two months after parking it, and they're holding pressure. Mine are the Freestar brand. So far, I haven't read much about them blowing up. Mission tires...another story. I am checking into pricing on GY G614's though.

Maybe you can get a really good price on 8 or 10 of them. Anyone else want to get in on a truck full?

geeksrus

I would like to replace the E rated rims on my 2006, 3055 bighorn with G rims. I believe the rim supplier for this trailer was/is Hi Spec Wheels ( HWT ). The wheels I'm looking at are hi spec series #3 16x7, 8x6.5 bolt pattern, 4.90 bore 3960# 110 psi., with an 8mm offset. Will these wheels fit the axles ( bore size ) on my 6000 lb. Alko axles. After measuring without taking the wheel off I believe they will. Thanks for your help.....Don

Interesting that you have Alko axles... were they on your rig at the time of purchase?

Eh!

Make sure you check the wheels you have on the 3055.
Mine had the 110# wheels on it although Heartland said it didn't.

porthole

Retired
So if the wheels are rated 3750 that means they are 110 psi rated?

My wheels have no pressure rating but I did see a weight rating cast in the back spoke (think it was 3450, don't have my notes here.

jnbhobe

DJBirk; First thing is make sure you don't alresdy have G-rated wheels. Second is do your self a favor, if the tire says 80lbs, do it, if its 110lbs, do it, You won't be sorry. JON ;) ;) ;)

porthole

Retired
Go by the tire info cast into the sidewall, not what some dealer says.

DJBirk

Thanks for all the input. When I was adjusting the brakes a while back I thought I noticed a an E cast into the back of the rim. I'll have to double check for load rating also. Earlier models of the Bighorn came with different axles than Lippert. Mine are definitely Al-Ko Ultrulube. Happy camping...Don

DJBirk

On a 2nd inspection of the wheels I found that they are indeed G rated with 3042 lb. rating. Again thanks for all the help...Don