Lower seal on off door slider tearing

Lower seal where rollers go in and out of seal is tearing. You can see right inside the rig through void. Any ideas on a good fix. 2009 Pinehurst. Thanks, Rich

Tom of Ypsi

I am having the same problem with the same slide. I had this fixed once last year and noticed the other day the same problem. My slide works ok and it seems to be level but do not understand why the tear.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We are having the same problem.I have replaced the seal twice. I would like to know the solution.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
A possible fix, bsummitt had a similar problem and he cut a section out where the roller is and this allows the seal to move in and out without pulling the seal in with it, and still keeps the seal doing it's job! He may be able to chime in and send pics. hope this helps.
Mike

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I replaced the lower seal because the rollers that the slide rolls on was pinching the rubber seal tearing it. I notched the seal about a 1/4 inch to prevent it from being pinched by the roller. So far so good, no more problems.
I can't insert a picture because this laptop dosen't have those pictures on it.
Good luck.
Bill

Tom of Ypsi

bsummit,

Thanks for the info now all I have to do is put in a new seal. The seal I have is torn too badly to put a notch in it.

moose1

HI, I have the same problem with the seal tearing at the roller. If the seal was narrower to start with, it would not get caught on to the slide roller when you close the slide. Now mine is shot and would like to know where I can get a new rubber seal other than the dealer because I have a hard time getting parts from him.
Fix!!!!!!
I cut out the extra rubber like (bsummit) did and that will take care of the pinching on the roller except for 2 rollers where the rubber had been cut off, now I have a couple hole in the rubber that don't seal with the bottom of the slide.
When it is close it won't matter but open some bugs could crawl in!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Hi moose1,
If you have not got your parts as of yet, you can bypass your dealer and go direct to heartland parts and get them there 574-262-8030 hope this helps...