Second PA chapter 2010 rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
New Thread for the next great PA rally.

The first rally had Segway tours, ice cream, etc. what can we do for the next year's rally. Airplane rides? Open to new ideas.

dieselsweetheart

JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still recovering from the FIRST ANNUAL PA RALLY~
Are "we" in France here??? Is there a "we" in the Second Annual Pa Rally?????????? good golly...

:)

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Great idea, hot air balloons. Maybe we can put the heartland logo on the side. Jim the factory have a balloon logo?

Jamie, open to ideas for location. (hot air balloon locations) And you know It Will be when you are available.

porthole

Retired
Great idea, hot air balloons. Maybe we can put the heartland logo on the side. Jim the factory have a balloon logo?

Jamie, open to ideas for location. (hot air balloon locations) And you know It Will be when you are available.

I was jesting - but since you seem to like the idea - there is a balloon festival at one of the ski resorts in the fall out by the Gap.

Only a minute or two from a campground. We were there last fall, will have to look for the info.

Here it is

http://www.shawneemt.com/s_timberballoonfestival.html

Pocono KOA
http://koa.com/where/pa/38101/hotdeals9969.htm

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Okay everyone, Our last thread had a total of 388 posts of good ideas, good discussion, and a random off color comment about tow vehicles (FORDs are okay). Lets make it our goal to surpass this and have over 400 post to this thread. The person that posts the 400th post gets a free dish of ice cream at the rally! :D

dieselsweetheart

Duane...LOL we stayed at that KOA in the Poconos... did you hear the story about the motorhome guy coming in at 1 am in the pouring down rain looking for his site when he had never been to that campground before?? Oh my... that is where it happened.... those of you who were in the circle that day at the rally heard that story...."can you say 'walmart?'"

porthole

Retired
Duane...LOL we stayed at that KOA in the Poconos... did you hear the story about the motorhome guy coming in at 1 am in the pouring down rain looking for his site when he had never been to that campground before?? Oh my... that is where it happened.... those of you who were in the circle that day at the rally heard that story...."can you say 'walmart?'"

Nope - missed that story - what was it?

truknutt

Committed Member

Heard that one and the one about the diesel idling forever and the off-road lights shining in the Bighorn! :eek:

dieselsweetheart

That's the story....! And that was the KOA.... which I thought was sort of small...sites close together... but we shall see what we can find..

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
How about ATV tours? Maybe Gettysburg Tours? How about something at or around lake Erie? Raystown lake? (jet skis or pontoon boats)

Any idea of a month yet for the rally? We are already planning next years vacations. I'm considering Segwaying my way across Pa. haha

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
How about ATV tours? Maybe Gettysburg Tours? How about something at or around lake Erie? Raystown lake? (jet skis or pontoon boats)

Any idea of a month yet for the rally? We are already planning next years vacations. I'm considering Segwaying my way across Pa. haha

That's a lot of stopping and recharging Jamie!;)

hertzberg

One vote for Raystown lake with jet skis and pontoon boats. Never been there but heard great things about the area. We're always ready to do something on the water... but probably not on a Segway!!

lelandpa

Never been to Raystown Lake either, I hear its awesome. We stayed at Drummer boy in Gettysburg and it was really nice.

Smokeyfl

Raystown Lake is beautiful - and huge for a "lake". We have a towhauler and a jet ski, but i don't think it will fit!!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Had heard that the "Delware water gap,Pa" Area was a nice . I'v never been there so I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.