Toilet Paper Ply??

NSNorthtrail

New to the TT world so forgive this question...Is it ok to use(FLUSH) the regular 2 ply toilet paper vs the very expensive 1 ply RVtoilet paper?? My toilet seems to clog easily when I am draining it and people have suggested that it is due to using the 2 ply paper.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
New to the TT world so forgive this question...Is it ok to use(FLUSH) the regular 2 ply toilet paper vs the very expensive 1 ply RVtoilet paper?? My toilet seems to clog easily when I am draining it and people have suggested that it is due to using the 2 ply paper.
No need for the expensive RV paper. You can buy any 1 ply brand. We keep our dump valves closed and only dump them once a day. No clogs here and we use quilted northern.:D

rick_debbie_gallant

There are two ways to go with the two ply. It is very easy to just use one of the plies by just separating them as you pull the tp off of the roll. That way it costs less for the two ply vs what you can buy in the RV places and it goes twice as far.

However we use the strong quilted stuff that you see the bears use on TV. It don't fall apart like the other stuff does. Our solution to not messing up the holding tanks and valves with toilet paper is simple, in fact we have a septic tank at home and practice it there as well, The used tp goes into one of those small trash buckets with the flapper top. It may sound gross and all disposing of tp that way:eek:, butt we also empty the trash bucket once a day. We use the plastic grocery bags for liners and tie them up real tight when we toss them.

The best way we have found is to not put anything in the toliet that does not pass through your body first.

That is my story, and I am sticking to it.

irvin56

just my 2 cents

I don't waste my $ on Rv tp. or any 1 ply(stinky fingers)

I have used the same 2 ply in house and trailer. for over 30 yrs.
I always make sure toilet tank is FULL, I will use hose to fill to top if not.
Then I will dump. and flush with pipe and elbows I made.

Only had one problem 20+ yrs ago, when wife put the ladies stuff down there and i had to tear apart drain lines and valves to fix.:eek:

A very mad and loud mouth person, had said some BAD words and it has never happened again.:D
Someone learnt that a no-no and I have been happy since

this is the set up I use. I found the black water built in flush is useless in my OPINION, only.
others like it http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2564640120105182412QCghEX

2010augusta

We use Charmin "basic" is it a good strong 1-ply TP that is septic safe and we have had no issues when dumping. I only dump the black tank once a week and then flush and fill once again. I have used both the blue liquid from therford and the orange powder drop-ins for odor control and waste break down. I like the drop-ins better and think it works better too.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Another vote here for Angel Soft. We won several 4-packs of the RV stuff at rallies earlier this year. I can testify to the fact that the RV TP is weak. It absorbs well but it's weak. I now use it to place a layer of paper on top of the water before dropping anything into the pool. It helps reduce the hash marks on the bowl. I figure I have several months of liner material for the bowl. By the way, did I mention the RV TP is weak?:eek: I hink you know what I mean.;) There is a test to see how well the paper you use will break up. Put some water and a single sheet of toilet paper in a jar with a lid. Give it a quick shake and see if the paper starts to break up. If it does, you have a wiiner.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you look at the Angel Soft package it says Septic Safe. That should also be okay for RVs. Northern just came out with an RV safe one.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We use Angle Soft also. Use to use Scotts. Both on the back are rated for Septic tanks. Changed to the Angle Soft because it had a better feel.

If you take toilet paper and remove one square, put it in a pint jar of water and shake it and it dissolves the paper is good for the Black Tank.

From some old Fulltimers we do not use ANY chemicals or other stuff in our black tank. Never have a smell. Normally wait to dump when it is over half full or make sure to flush it out real well before leaving, but leave a small amount of water in the tank.

FWIW
BC

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
We have used Angel Soft from day one and have never had a problem. There is a tank deoderizer and cleaner called "Happy Camper". It is sold on the internet. It was mentioned on the forum and we ordered it and would not use anything else. Never an odor or a plugged line. Great stuff. We have used it to deoderize our grey water tanks and it works great for that too.

http://www.5starhappycamper.com/