fresh water tanks on 3850

mdhill

It seems as though our new 3850 has two fresh water tanks? I measured how long it took to fill a 5 gal bucket then timed how many gallons went
into the tank. (tanks??) At about 50 gallons my water gauge showed full ?? I put another 50 gal in and shut it off. So...it appears there are two tanks and the gauge system is on only one of them. Does anyone know if
that is the way they work??
The other item with the water is..we went on a short trip. I drained the tanks afterward but gauge still showed 1/3 full even though the pump would not pick up water ?? I opened one of the drains that said low point drain and it drained for about 20 min. I thought maybe it was a drain for tank number two ?? But gauge still shows 1/3 full. I must have drained 25 gallons water out between the two drain lines after the pump stopped drawing water.
Any thoughts ??

Loco

I can not stay for you rig but our Cyclone has one 100 gal tank and the pump use to not pick up till I got over 1/3 tank. I fixed that when the tank fell out. My tank now sets at a angle from back to front. Now I get all of the water out of the tank from the pump.

mdhill

I can not stay for you rig but our Cyclone has one 100 gal tank and the pump use to not pick up till I got over 1/3 tank. I fixed that when the tank fell out. My tank now sets at a angle from back to front. Now I get all of the water out of the tank from the pump.

Thats a good idea. I may try it too.

smday

That seems like a problem i have read lots here. Why can't Heartland fix it so that everyone can use all there water like you did. Why should the owner get under his trailer and lift the water tank so it drains properly.