Thermostat Size

imchud

I know there has been a lost of post on the digital thermostat up-grades, but you guys always talked about one purchased from wal-mart. The problem with that one is it looks to wide for where I got to install mine. the wall mine is currently installed on is only about 4" wide.. Are all the digital thermostats the same in how they are wired as long as they work on battery power???

Tommy

2010augusta

We have the wal-mart hunter digatal T-stat and it is 4.75" wide by 4" tall. It is powered by 2 AA bateries, so the 12 wire is just capped and not used. We really like the new T-stat, and think it does a better job than the duo-therm one with the slider switches.

rick_h

The wiring from stat to stat is usually close. There is typically a color/letter for each terminal. Depending on the features of the one you buy you might have some extra ternimals/colors. But the basic ones you need will almost always be the same.

imchud

Thanks for the info... I'm not real savvy when it comes to electrical stuff, i realize everybody says this is a easy fix, and I'm sure it is... But just to make sure before i mess with it, does anybody have a "close up" shot (picture) of how the wires are run in the new thermostat... I'm sure I can do it, but a picture tells a thousand words, especially when it come to the addition of the "Hi-Low switch" -- thanks all...

Tommy

2010augusta

Thanks for the info... I'm not real savvy when it comes to electrical stuff, i realize everybody says this is a easy fix, and I'm sure it is... But just to make sure before i mess with it, does anybody have a "close up" shot (picture) of how the wires are run in the new thermostat... I'm sure I can do it, but a picture tells a thousand words, especially when it come to the addition of the "Hi-Low switch" -- thanks all...

Tommy

Your wish is my command.:p

Attachments

• DSCN6420.JPG
    DSCN6420.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN6421.JPG
    DSCN6421.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 81