12 volt wiring in coach

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
OK folks in am tapping into your skills :)! I have been battling a problem with what would appear to be a short in a negitive ground as I am experiening a flickering on the light above the desk on the 09' Agusta floor plan. I have checked the panel with the fuses in the coach and found several wires that were loose :eek:, fixed them I hope went to all other places where I found juction boxes and yes more loose wires :mad:, and even crawled into the belly of the beast and checked the buss bar for loose wires. And I still have flickering on the light can anyone give me some input on something I may have missed :confused: .
Thanks in advance!
Mike

2010augusta

Have you removed the light fixture and tightened the wires there? It is probably a wire nut that is loose. I had one over the bed in ours.

jbeletti

Mike,

Perhaps a bad ballast or bulb. Try swapping this fixture out with one from the ceiling as a test. Monitor both to see what happens.

Jim

rick_debbie_gallant

Perhaps you have a bulb getting ready to die:eek:. The filament may just be making contact, gets a little jiggle or warms up, then cools off and makes contact again. I have had it happen more than once.

2010augusta

Perhaps you have a bulb getting ready to die:eek:. The filament may just be making contact, gets a little jiggle or warms up, then cools off and makes contact again. I have had it happen more than once.

Not the problem in a landmark as most fixture are florescent fixtures, good idea though.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
uh hu, that too... found the two junction boxes under the kitchen slide and the desk/fire place slide and checked for loose wires one loose and others good, no pinched or cut wires that I could see?
Keep them coming! I'm sure that someone will come up with one, I will check on more replies in the morning, thanks....