NT Holding Tank Issue - Empty but registers at 1/3 full

slick42

I purchased a 2009 28rls last year and have used it maybe 8 times. I keep it in an indoor storage barn. I went to the storage last week and my Black water is cleaned out and empty but is registering half full on the light panel. What can I do to correct this problem:rolleyes:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It's not unusual for the Black Water tanks to give inaccurate readings. Mine often will read 1/3 to 1/2 full even though I just emptied it. Usually a thorough cleaning ( 3 or 4 cycles of spray and dump) with the built in cleanout system will take care of the issue for me. Not sure if you have the cleanput system in the North Trail????:confused:

Nell

We have a North Trail 31qbs with the black tank flush. Our reading has never been accurate. No matter how much we clean out it says different things. I completely ignore it now. I have got to know roughly how long we can camp - with 5 of us, 'tll we get to full capacity. If camping for a week we use CG restrooms during the day and save the campers for nights/bad weather and haven't had a problem yet!

Bobby A

You can usually tell when the black tank is getting full cause when you flush the toilet it kinda burps. On the gray tanks its a different story, when your sinks or shower don't drain, you know your full.

irvin56

Guages don't work

I ignore them. My tub backed up, guage read 2/3 full:confused:

Toilet tank has sat at 1/3 to 2/3 all the time, :rolleyes:

I Dump my gray water daily and waste water once a week or sooner if needed.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Same as Irvin here. We just found "our" requirement to dump either and never bother with the gauges anymore. The black always read 2/3 after no matter how many cleanings and flushes and the gray is the same. They use to at least go to the top when they were full then back down to a standard of 2/3.

Now however they read 2/3 to full at any time so we just figured-out our useage and therefore our need to dump. The gray will be noticable at the kitchen sink at first (In our's) then back-up into the shower when it is actually FULL! The black if full will start to "smell" into the bathroom area when used so we know it is passed time to dump.....:eek:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My gray tank used to read 2/3 all of time. Then when I dropped the underbelly for another issue I found the yellow wire on the holding tanks loose as the nut holding it on had came off. I reattached the nut to the stud where the yellow wire was, tightened the nut and the holding tank read-out began working properly. This could be your issue as to why they do not work. FYI

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
My gray tank used to read 2/3 all of time. Then when I dropped the underbelly for another issue I found the yellow wire on the holding tanks loose as the nut holding it on had came off. I reattached the nut to the stud where the yellow wire was, tightened the nut and the holding tank read-out began working properly. This could be your issue as to why they do not work. FYI

THANKS, I'll keep that in mind if I ever have to drop the underbelly or the dealer does. But until then I know whne to empty either gauges or not.None