Camping at Bristol Motor Speedway

timdebs

For those of you who have never camped at Bristol Motor Speedway, it is crowded but it is FUN FUN FUN! Met some great people from Minnesota, Indianna, Missourri, and good ole Cherokee, NC (who owns a campground there)! It is definitely an experience!

Attachments

• bristol 1.jpg
    bristol 1.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 53
  • bristol 2.jpg
    bristol 2.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 70
  • bristol 3.jpg
    bristol 3.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 71
  • bristol 4.jpg
    bristol 4.jpg
    571.4 KB · Views: 63
  • bristol 5.jpg
    bristol 5.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 64
  • bristol 6.jpg
    bristol 6.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 54
  • bristol 7.jpg
    bristol 7.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 52
  • bristol 9.jpg
    bristol 9.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 55
  • bristol 8.jpg
    bristol 8.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 57
  • bristol 10.jpg
    bristol 10.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 54

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Great pictures! Looks like parking in the RV lots is almost as tight as in the infield:eek:.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Timdebs - your second picture just missed the Big Horn and Big Country camping below you near the red barn. We have been camping there for a number of years. I second that Bristol is a great race and a fun place to meet a bunch of camping fans. If you get a chance, do the Richard Petty driving school - it's a blast. Sorry I have tried to get the pics to upload but for some reason, they wont. Hopefully we can get together in March!! :D

Nathan

Last edited:

DMAX154

If you are looking for more room try Bristol Campground. We have stayed there a bunch of times. $160 an you can be there all week if you want to. It is about a mile away and there are trams that run to and from the track.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We have not been there since '01, but always watch on tv. We agree that it is a real experience for camping. It was amazing to see some of the rigs used for camping. Some were on such steep hills that it was scary to see our they were leveled. Anyone coming toward Memphis there is a Race On Driving group at the Memphis Motor Sports Park. My step son is an instructor there. We just got back from the Nashville Super Speedway and what a neat secret that track is to those that like speed. Like Memphis they only host a Nationwide and truck race but what a track.

Nabo

Superduty08 - if you are talking about the big hill behind the track near the dragstrip, Bristol has gone in and terrace it for better and safer camping. We have been camping on Old Thomas Bridge Rd at Gail and Dennis Mancil farm which is called 186 Campground. They have both dry camping as well as electricity/H20, no sewer. Great folks to work with. The second picture of Timdeb on the right side shows part of 186 campground. The 5th picture shows the hillside now after terracing.
We have thought about going to Nashville for the Nationwide race in that there is a pretty good campground near by but just haven't made it yet.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We saw a few camp grounds on Murfreesboro Rd between I40 & Bill Frans Pkwy. I am sure they are busy during race since they are so close. We were thinking of camping at the next race. Not sure when right now.

Nabo

We camped at Countryside Resort (Good Sam Park) at Lebanon a couple of months again which is 12 miles from the track. There is a back road which comes out right beside the speedway so our thinking was to stay there if we go to the races.