First Rally - Alberta Chapter (Sept. 18- 21, 2009)

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Join us for the first Alberta Chapter of Heartland Owners’ Rally. The location is Coyote Creek Golf & RV Resort. The Resort is just West (about 3 KM’s) & South (3 KM’s) of Sundre, Alberta. The dates are Fri., Sept. 18 through Monday, Sept. 21. You’re welcome to join the Rally for all or some of the weekend.

12 sites are currently blocked off and if need be more could be available. The sites will be held until Sept. 15 as the campground has a 3 day cancellation policy. You must call and book your own site referencing the Alberta Heartland Owners’ Rally.
All sites are full hookups, $40 per night, Pull Throughs available.
The number to call is: Leah at (403) 638-1215

The plan is:

Fri. evening campfire

Sat. afternoon golfing (approx. 2 PM) – choice of 9 ($39) or 18 ($60) holes
Sat. option white water rafting (if river conditions are suitable)
- Otter Rafting Adventures 1-800-661-7379
Sat. evening will be a potluck supper after the golfing is completed, please bring a dish to share with others.
Sun. & Mon. morning golf is available.

Please contact Doug at dlollis@telusplanet.net for golf bookings.

Please call the above numbers for Camp sites and River rafting.

Please update this thread if you plan to attend.

beardedone

Beardedone
Well I want to see Rigmover's rig, so I will be there. White water rafting might be fun. I ran that river there with a jet boat :D so rafting would be a nice quiet change.

Edmonton

We won't be able to make it that weekend. :(

I was really hoping it would be the weekend after but with the kids back in school there are weekend activities now. I unfortunately can't miss the one on the 19th.

Maybe next time.

David

AL KADEY

ALLEYKAT&MOMMAKAT
Hi Carol & Graham
Looking Forward to seeing you both at Sundre.

We met you both at Dick's Rv a while back.

I lost your e-mail address.

Al & Sheila Kadey

geeksrus

For the Friday Night fireside meet, we'll bring plenty of wood from our stash.

I'll (Graham) be playing golf on Saturday afternoon.

For the Saturday evening pot luck, we'll be bringing BBQ Beef On A Bun.

BTW: for those into quading/ATV's, there is a popular area just west of Sundre.

Eh!

DougLynne

Looking good, so far we have 6 units. Again, if you want to golf, send me an e-mail or private message and I will pass onto Graham to book the Tee times. We will bring a Taco Salad for the Pot Luck.
Looking forward to meeting all of you..../Doug

Won't be able to make for the get together as hubby is up at Ft. McMurray working that weekend! Look forward to meet up with you all next year!!!

Debbie/Bobby

DougLynne

harleyriders35, sure hope any future dates for rallys will allow you folks and any others who were unable to attend this years rally to attend future rallys.../Doug

Barry & Alana

We won't be able to make it due to harvesting. Perhaps the next rally we will try to attend. Have fun everyone and enjoy the golf!:)

DougLynne

Here's how I see the weekend going:

Fri: Afternoon - folks checking in
Fri: Evening - gather around the campfire, wood supplied by Graham
- have a general discussion about future rallies, etc.
Sat: 9:00AM - Muffins(provided) at site #12, the Ollis', please bring your own coffee
Sat: 10:00 - Noon - unit tours and view modifications, if desired
Sat: 1:56PM - Golfing for those that responded, free time for the rest
Sat: 6:00PM - Potluck supper
Sat: Evening - gather around the campfire
Sun: Morning - farewell for those that must head home
Sun: - free time, enjoy visiting each other, bring any games
Sun: Evening - gather around the campfire
Mon: - farewell to the rest

If anyone has suggestions for other activities during the rally let us know and update this Topic....

Garry & Bev

travel bug
We had a wonderful time at the Alberta Rally. Good folks, good food and good conversation! The ladies had fun checking out the interior of each other's trailers and the guys had fun checking out all the "fixes" and modifications they had done and how they could improve on this and that.
Represented were a North Trail, 4 Big Horns, a Landmark and a Big Country. 7 units, 14 people and 3 puppy children in all.
Can't wait until the next one! Thanks to Doug & Lynne for getting everything started!

Edmonton

We REALLY wanted to come but just too many things on the weekends now that the kids are back in school. Hopefully next year the date can be announced further in advance so we can make sure we are there.

David