Universal Docking Center

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
I have a suggestion. Why not put the shore power plug on the inside near, or in, or a similar set up to the universal docking center? It will look better and it will be one less place to leak. We have had a few different SOBs that have leaked at this point. Seems like a simple way to eliminate this problem.
Thanks,
Kim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
TanDumb, I think it may be a good idea if I moved your thread to the Cyclone Design Ideas section of the forum. Since you posed it as a suggestion. It will still be read by the factory but at least they won't be receiving a notification every time a member posts a comment. Thanks for understanding.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
TanDumb, I think it may be a good idea if I moved your thread to the Cyclone Design Ideas section of the forum. Since you posed it as a suggestion. It will still be read by the factory but at least they won't be receiving a notification every time a member posts a comment. Thanks for understanding.
That works for me!:D

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Or...it could be mounted facing down, under the side of the Cyclone, near the UDC. They could put the hinge to the front or even have a screw-on cover. When connected to shore power, the cord would not be in a strain from connecting to the side and would be held in place with the threaded connector. I thought about moving mine, but didn't know what I'd do with the hole in the side.

R.Pratt

I am looking at the power cord reel to install on my 2010 3850, i have found enough room just under and to the passenger side of the central vac in the pannel. the only trick will be getting the lead from that area to the docking station but i think i will have an idea for that, as far as the port i am looking at removing the sat / tv panel because we are installing a dish and will no longer need that panel so i will put the rollers there and a few more under so it comes out and goes in easily, i will upload pics when i am done with it.
i have a titan tank to install and i just finished a folding ladder shelf on the front wall of the bay, so the reel has to wait until after that and the rig is getting the 2nd A/C unit and a splendide installed this comming week.

2010augusta

i am looking at removing the sat / tv panel because we are installing a dish and will no longer need that panel

You might think twice before removing the satellite hook-ups, because at most of the campgrounds we have stayed at we can NOT use the roof-mounted dish because of trees and other obstructions. I am very disappointed with the satellite on the roof. I still have to use the good old tri-pod most of the time. just my $.02

R.Pratt

Good call, i really wasnt even thinking about that, if that is the case then i will have to deal with it, i am really lazy and dont want to lug anything around, if i could figure a way to make a docking station in the back of the coach on the bottom that allowed me to just back in and have it self center and plug everything from water to sewer and power, well then i would be good
as is i think i have to finish the rest of my small mods to include a bose lifestyle 38 very soon before the minister of finance takes my credit card away!!

B. Lee

Firecapt422
Having eletricity near water sounds a little scary. I know we all do are best to avoid leaks but as we all not electricty and water do not mix.

Just my .02

porthole

Retired
Or...it could be mounted facing down, under the side of the Cyclone, near the UDC. They could put the hinge to the front or even have a screw-on cover. When connected to shore power, the cord would not be in a strain from connecting to the side and would be held in place with the threaded connector. I thought about moving mine, but didn't know what I'd do with the hole in the side.

That idea will not work at all - as I already bought the 50 amp right angle adapter :D

Attachments

• 11j9LiSYvgL__SL500_AA215_.jpg
    11j9LiSYvgL__SL500_AA215_.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 62

porthole

Retired
I am looking at the power cord reel to install on my 2010 3850.........

Well when you do the power cord trick - document and post with pics. That is one of several options I absolutely would have ordered if it was available.

i have a titan tank to install ..........

For the truck? That is probably the single one thing I did to my truck that was by far the best upgrade.

Here is my tank install
http://www.porthole2.com/porthole/index.htm

If it is for the truck - drop me a line and I'll give you a tip before you take anything apart.

and i just finished a folding ladder shelf on the front wall of the bay

Pics?

getting the 2nd A/C unit and a splendide installed this coming week.

2nd AC - thumbs up

Washer dryer combo - thumbs up. Make sure you get an externally vented machine though.

One suggestion given to me by a camper I met in Elkhart. He relocated his dryer vent to a protected area under the trailer. He said a several campgrounds he had been to he was getting hit with a surcharge because he had the "vent" on the outside wall and it was visible.

porthole

Retired
Did an internet search and picked the cheapest total with shipping

It lists for $99, I think I got it delivered for $55.

The connectors alone would cost more then 100 to buy, if you could get the 90 degree connector.

wdk450

"Electricity and Water Do Not Mix"

Having eletricity near water sounds a little scary. I know we all do are best to avoid leaks but as we all not electricty and water do not mix.

Just my .02

Take a look at where/how your 12 volt power convertor is mounted. Mine is directly under a bunch of plumbing.

sidney dreyfus

satellight

You might think twice before removing the satellite hook-ups, because at most of the campgrounds we have stayed at we can NOT use the roof-mounted dish because of trees and other obstructions. I am very disappointed with the satellite on the roof. I still have to use the good old tri-pod most of the time. just my $.02

Just curious Alan. We have the Kingdome on our camper and like yourselves we find the portable dish more reliable in campgrounds with trees than the Kingdome. Question. When using your portable dish, how do you hook up your bedroom Television to the portable dish? The connection in the UDC connects very nicely to the TV in the entertainment area. Our campers bedroom Television was never wired to the cable or satellite connectors in UDC.

R.Pratt

Duane,
thanks for all the tips, i will be contacting you probably next week some time i am driving to ID to see family and will install it up there. The dryer is vented, I looked at the other one and decided dryer with no vent didnt seem like a good idea, im no thermal dynamic engineer but heat needs to go somewhere..........
and 2nd A/C was something i should have gotten from the beginning, i will tell everyone i can to do that!!!

R.Pratt

Shelf for Porthole

here is one shot of the shelf i built, no the best pic but until i get the coach back its all i have
thanks for all the info, i will definetly be calling you
my personal cell is 334-447-8314
govt black berry is 334-379-6013

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    593.7 KB · Views: 126