Slide Construction

kampfirekid

A few questions about the slide out on the M-22...

How does the slide on the M-22 operate? Electrically?

Is it cable driven?

Does it have actual tracks on the underside of the slide, or long rollers that roll across the underside floor of the slide?

What kind of seals are on the slideout? Is there a flat rubber seal on the backside of the outside dress flange and a flap seal around the slide, or is there a big bulb seal on the trailer body the slide flange presses up against. I guess, is it similar to the North Trails, or different?

Can you utilize the dinette if the slide is not extended out, or is it for use only when the slide is extended.

Thanks for the replies.

M

Mcreech

All Edge unit have electric slides and the have a track that its runs on...Nothing rolls along the floor............The slide seal are like that of a King Slide North Trail....

kampfirekid

So, Mike, a few questions because I don't have access to a super-slide or an Edge anywhere near local...

1) The North Trail has wide poly rollers that roll on a fiberglass laminated plywood floor of the slides. Does the Edge have steel tracks monted to the underside of their slide floors so that there are no roller depressions created in the underside of the slide floor and they will hold up better?

2) Do the slide seals on the Edge consist of a large bulb seal on the exterior face of the trailer wall to seal when closed and a two flap seals (1 inner and 1 outer) all the way around? Are seal assists standard?

I'd look at them personally, but the nearest dealer is 150 miles away. Thanks.