considering the 32Qbss

bramstoke

I am considering purchasing the 32Qbss and have a E-350 one ton van to carry my dogs and two kids. I am a little hesitant about the length of this trailer 35'5 and how easy it will be to tow, park etc by myself. I would rather have something around 30' but none that size have the bunk room at back.
Any comments.Am I going to find it too big?
Kay

kampfirekid

Certainly there are other 31 and 32 footers with bunks Heartland offers that are below the almost 36 foot length of the 32QBSS. How about the 31QBS? It is 33'-5" . The 32QBSS and the 31BDSS are both King Slide models, which stretch them top the 35'-5".

I tow a 31BHD at 32'-7", and from a 27 footer before, I notice no real difference. The North Trails with the Wide-Trax axle tow like none other. Don't let the length intimidate you, but with the length of the king slide models, I'd never personally go with anything less than a 3/4 ton after towing my 31BHD with a 1/2 ton before.

Nell

That is a lovely trailer but is very long. Beside the towing aspect of it the length can also limit you when it comes to camp sites. That's what we have found with our 31QBS. I personally wouldn't want to go any longer than what we have for that reason but we do have the bunk house with 4 bunks or 3 and a second dinette. Not nearly as nice as the 32QBSS but maybe a possible compromise depending on your preferences.
We have three teenagers and I really wanted a bunk house so that they could have their own "space" and be able to close it off if they wanted to - which they do! Our problem was a weight issue and I was so thrilled to find the 31QBS giving me the bunk house yet still in the weight limit.
Good luck with your choice.

charlie51

I agree with Nell. That 32QBSS looks awesome, but I love my Sundance 310QB. It is the perfect floorplan, weight, and length for us. I pull it with a 1/2 Dodge quadcab and have no problems. I would definitely look at it if you are worried about size. As far as campsites we are yet to find a campground that we couldn't get in a campsite because of this specific trailer. The ones that we couldn't fit are usually ones that I wouldn't put anything bigger than a pop-up in anyway. Definitely give the 310QB or 31QBS consideration.

bramstoke

32Qbss

Thanks for the input, I am going tomorrow to take it for a good test drive on the highway and try parking it in some parking lots. We previously had the Cyclone toy hauler fifth wheel that was 40 feet but I hear that pulling a trailer is a little different. Also does the two or three feet really make a difference when considering the different models.?
Kay