WATER leaking under unit---from where??

aatauses

When we hooked up to move the movement created major water leaking from the underside. Tanks had been drained about an hour before. It was coming from around the drain, around the fresh drain, and anywhere there was a gap in the "plastic sheet" on the bottom----I did flush the day before, but in the past never had this issue----any suggestions where the water came from? What do I need to to now as far as cleaning, airing, stopping mildew, rotting, etc??
aatauses

imchud

When we hooked up to move the movement created major water leaking from the underside. Tanks had been drained about an hour before. It was coming from around the drain, around the fresh drain, and anywhere there was a gap in the "plastic sheet" on the bottom----I did flush the day before, but in the past never had this issue----any suggestions where the water came from? What do I need to to now as far as cleaning, airing, stopping mildew, rotting, etc??
aatauses

Wow... thats wierd, i dad the same thing happen about 2 week ago??? I called Hartland and they had no answers... It never happened before and not since?? I will be taking it in in OCT to have it looked at???

moose53

Have you traveled recently in the rain? On our first trip with our 3250 we stopped at a rest area on 95 and parked. I walked back to check things over and water was running out around the black water tank drain pipe where it comes through the bottom. By the time we were ready to leave it had stopped. When we had set up camp I crawled underneath and pushed up on a low spot in the plastic liner and water ran out of the side. Since then I have drilled 1/4 inch holes in the low spots of the plastic liners to let water drain.

Harvey

navyAZ1

Have you traveled recently in the rain? On our first trip with our 3250 we stopped at a rest area on 95 and parked. I walked back to check things over and water was running out around the black water tank drain pipe where it comes through the bottom. By the time we were ready to leave it had stopped. When we had set up camp I crawled underneath and pushed up on a low spot in the plastic liner and water ran out of the side. Since then I have drilled 1/4 inch holes in the low spots of the plastic liners to let water drain.

Harvey

This might be your problem as we had the same thing after having been a heavy rain. However, you might want to check the "anti-sphipon" valve on the black water flush ours went bad and was spraying water all over the underbelly.:(

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I had the inlet hose on my water heater leaking and created the same problem. I didn't know there was a leak until I pulled out and water ran out the bottom. When we stopped at the next park, I checked and saw the leak. Tightened the fitting and haven't had any more problems. I guess the answer is that it could be coming from anywhere. Check it over good.
Fred

kkamshop

We get water in the belly when driving in the rain, as a matter of fact, our LM is in the shop right now to address this problem.

The plan is to seal the corrugated belly material with spray foam at every edge.

We'll let you know if this works once we have the chance to test it.

sidney dreyfus

Sometimes we overfill our fresh water tank and the water is forced out the fresh water tank air vents onto the belly cover. Most of it comes out onto the ground except for a little that comes out after you start moving the camper. In any event, no harm done. Theres nothing under there that can be hurt and it will eventually dry up by itself.

imchud

I guess i need to clear a few things up... When mine leaked it had been sitting in the same location for 3 months with no rain... Mine was a small puddle under where the bathroom is, and it was about 1 foot in dia. the wierd thing was i never saw it before and I haven't seen it since. One would think if it was a leak from a bad fitting i would see it all the time.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Is it possible your city water fitting leaked for a bit and then quit. Mine has done that before.

proudowner

formely cannotdecide
We have had numerous leaks in our Sundance, in which they replaced the wood molding around the slide as it was all bowed. Since then we have had another MAJOR leak where the wood has bowed once again and the carpet was soaked (it smells like dirty socks)... They seem to think we have a small hole in the water tank... I'm almost ready to give up on this unit... We pay so much for our rigs, where is the quality in the workmanship???? can you spell F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-E-D!!!!

lelandpa

We also had a similiar issue, though it would take about an hour of the water being hooked up to start leaking. The dealer told us it was leaking from the outside shower and laying on the underbelly. They fixed the shower, we brought it home, hooked up the water and sure enough and hour later....still leaking! Took it back again after much arguing with the dealer and they replaced the water pump. Apparently instead of using antifreeze to winterize the unit they just blew the lines out and the small ammount of water that was left in the pump froze and cracked it. Seems to be ok now thankfully. I feel your pain, it is truly frustrating!

aatauses

Thanks everyone, we did not travel in the rain, however had heavy rain for a day or two before we moved, but that has never been a problem. However you have given me a few more places to check for leaks----was looking for something to do anyway!!!
aatuases

AL KADEY

ALLEYKAT&MOMMAKAT
Had same problem, should say have!!!
Returned trl to dealer in july, after 10 months use, with water leaking from underbelly.they removed the covering and found crack in the drain from one grey water tank. Repaired. After testing they discovered another leak in fresh water filler hose. Rerouted the filler hose, and removed about 2 feet of excess hose and seemed fine. After 3 more trips, the old familiar sighs are visible so have another appointment tomorrow. Can't complain about the dealership (western rv, airdrie ab can.) as they have responded very well to all problems thus far.
Take care and travel safe!!!

rfortman1958

Dick & Babs
We have a 2008 model Cyclone 3210 which we purchased from "ALL Valley RV" in Acton California In February 2007. The 75-gallon fresh water tank had originally had a siphoning issue that resulted in no-water available after we got setup. They tried to fix it twice. They cut the plastic sheathing and simply put black duct-tape in an attempt to hold it in place. It never did. It’s been simply hanging there since we purchased the RV. <O:p</O:pAfter that the tank has fallen out of the bottom of the trailer three times. It is found sitting on the three axles. The most recent event was this past Labor Day 2009. The tank has completely failed and will hold no-amount of water. Previous dealer attempts to repair included adding a cross brace and plywood floor below the tank. Each time after the tank dropped, the 1-1/2 inch remnant of plywood strip between the brace and tank looked sheared off and lord knows where the bulk of it went flying after it exited the bottom of the trailer. <O:p</O:pMy telephone call to the dealer resulted in the same lame excuse; "If we made the problem, we'll fix it, other wise we simply made the repair as directed by the factory, so your problem is with the manufacturer".<O:p</O:pThe repair shop clerk is <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com//heartlandowners.org/ /><st1:City w:st=Regina </ST1:p</st1:City>and the shop foreman is Greg (661) 269-4800. I've contacted an attorney and hope to strategize through him. I don’t know if RV's are covered under the lemon law. We have a myriad of other typical problems that are common to every RV, but this one issue has turned it into a nightmare. I regret having purchased the RV. By reference of the many, many complaints I've read about on these blog pages I'm certain that the factory has to know about it. I find it incredible that this particular issue has not been addressed by the manufacturer. I don’t have the words to communicate my disappointment with the dealer. I feel helpless and ripped off. Dick & Babs Fortman, <st1:City w:st="on">Castaic</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">California.</st1:State>

rfortman1958

Dick & Babs
  • WATER GUSHING FROM BELOW THE BOTTOM OF THE BEDROOM FLOOR
    • Outside pass-through storage door. Port side. At convenience station exterior hookups.
    • While dumping the forward grey water holding tank, we were running fresh water through the shower drain and bedroom sink to finish flushing the system. Both faucets and the toilet were turned on at the same time.
    • While standing at the exterior dump pull valves, I observed water gushing from below the bottom of the bedroom floor, near the top of the exterior flip up door that leads to the pass thru. It may have originated from the shower pan or perhaps from lose plumbing connections within the wall or water pump.
i. It has happened twice.
Dealer doesnt know anything about the issue and wont even investigate.

This is just one of over 20 problems we're having, some repeatedly.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dick, I think you need to contact Heartland directly. Sounds like your dealer has the problem. They might have you go to another dealer. Bob:D

lelandpa

Our dealer was deffinetly less than accommodating to us as well. Made me physically sick that we purchased the unit to begin with. After much threatening of bodily harm, they finally fixed it and I couldn't be happier with my Heartland. One major thing that is wrong with the dealerships is their tech's are paid a flat rate, if they get a half hour to diagnose the problem and it takes them 8 hours, they still only get paid for a half hour. We were in the service bay with our tech and he kept saying he was losing his rear end trying to find the problem.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would really like to hear the truth from an RV tech. I was an auto tech for 40+ years and was paid by flat rate. If I had a vehicle that had a problem, all the service manager had to do was call the factory rep. and get straight time approved. All I did was punch the times I worked on the vehicle on the repair order and I would get payed for the time I worked on it. Sounds like to me they dont know what they are doing and want to get payed for being incompetent. I do know for a fact that they will not go the extra mile to fix something. There are not any repair shops that own a water hose to check for a water leak. The repair order always reads "NPF" (no problem found). I can show you a stack of them. I just fix it myself. Bob

tmcran

I must say that my dealer "Franklin's Big Country RV" in Abilene,TX has been very helpful in resloving my several issues. They worked for over 2 weeks trying to repair the leaking shower between the surround and pan,( had to remove and completely recaulk as the orginal caulking was AWFUL) leaking in the basement ,and the worst problem of rain coming in from the bottom of the front slide. Had to get HL involved and replaced the bottom sweep and the repair of the dam that diverts the water. Total time was about 5 weeks. They never complained how long the work took or how often I brought it in. Their idea was it was going to be fixed to my satisfaction or else. We had our RV for about 2 months getting things fixed before we ever spent one night in the RV. So far things have settled out and we are enjoying our 5er. But for the first 2-3 months I felt we had messed up on getting the Sundance.