big horn 2925RK or 3000RL

Im looking to get our first fifth wheel. We go on weekend camping trips and two weeks or more on vacation. We are looking at the 2925RK or 3000RL like the 2925 for counter space the 3000 has more linoleum and I think it goes from the door to the bathroom. Any info about these models would be of great help. Also looking at ceder creek and montana.
Thank's Great site!

ChopperBill

Just my input. (if everyone isn't tired of hearing from me :rolleyes: ) We like the picture window in the RL models as our favorite spots have a great view from the back. Have always heard that the items in the RK models take a pretty rough ride in the cabinets. Have to admit though that 2925RK is a beauty! Cedar Creeks and Montana are a pretty good competition to the Bighorns. We had a tough time deciding between ours and the Alumascape (Lakota) and the Hitch Hiker.

DennisZ

Guess I've got to jump in with Bill. We looked at all the same models you've been looking at and decided on a 3055RL. The kitchen has a little more counter space than some, and if you get the countertop extension option, that also gives you a little extra work area. For us, the RK models of all the brands we looked at left us with what we thought would be to cramped of a living area.

We're still waiting for our unit to arrive (hopefully this afternoon), so time will tell if our thinking was right.

Good luck in your choice.

jpmorgan37

I will speak in defense of the rear kitchen models. I've heard about the rear kitchen models beating up the things in the cabinets. We have had two 5th wheels with rear kitchens prior to getting our Grand Canyon and never had a problem with the items in the cabinets. We pulled over 14000 miles on our retirement trip, border to border-coast to coast and didn't break anything. We liked the amount of kitchen storage and pantry area in the RK models, but with our GC, we have the L-island and plenty of pantry storage and love our big rear window. Even now, we put little strips of the no-slip shelving rubber between the plates and wrap our coffee pot and glasses (I don't like drinking out of plastic) in dish towels when travelling into unknown territory.

Thanks for the imput. We are looking for counter space, BIG awning, and two slide outs. Anyone have or seen a 3000RL.

Thanks again,