Automatic Fantastic Fan

Lorraine

We have a 3400RL that we purchased new last year. The Fantastic Fan in the bedroom upstairs works with no problems. The one in the kitchen does not work, but we vaguely remember that we may have to do something extra when we turn this fan on. When we turn it on at the temp. control, nothing happens. Any suggestions? We have checked the fuse.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have a 3400RL that we purchased new last year. The Fantastic Fan in the bedroom upstairs works with no problems. The one in the kitchen does not work, but we vaguely remember that we may have to do something extra when we turn this fan on. When we turn it on at the temp. control, nothing happens. Any suggestions? We have checked the fuse.

Depending on the model, there may be an on/off switch on it, and the speed control may be set to 0. In addition, check the big knob to see if it's in automatic or manual position. The only other thing to check is the fuse, under the little black knob next to the speed control.

ChopperBill

Our fans have "sticky" lids. Sometimes when you turn the on they wont open and the fan wont turn on. I just flip the thermostat off and on a time or two and they have never failed to work. Think they came out with a different lid gasket to keep that from happening.

jbeletti

Our fans have "sticky" lids. Sometimes when you turn the on they wont open and the fan wont turn on. I just flip the thermostat off and on a time or two and they have never failed to work. Think they came out with a different lid gasket to keep that from happening.

Bill,

Call Fantastic Vent and they will send you the replacement gaskets for free :)

Their customer service is FANTASTIC!

Jim

Jimmyt5

Went to a SOB Rally a few years ago,before the new gasket and they salesman gave me some sample packs of 303 to use. It worked great till I got a new gasket later....

imchud

One more thing to check is the thermostat, Ours worked just once once and awhile, the dealer replaced it and it still never worked. We went to home depot and found one almost the exact same, and now it works great everytime. you can check it by removing the cover to the existing thermostat, unscrewing the wires and touching them together. if it comes on that would be your problem...

Tommy

Tommy

Lorraine

Thanks everyone, We found the problem, and that is a faulty thermostat. The little lever that makes the connection, was not aligned properly. Heartland has said that they have had problems with the thermostats. Thanks for all of the good advice, and really enjoy the site.