Water Problem

larneal

Some of you have probably had this happen before. Please tell me how to fix it. When I turn my water pump on it pumps water out the city water connection. Sounds like a check valve stuck open to me but where? Thanks for you response. We've only had the BH for about 3 months and it seems like there is always something going wrong.

Larry & Gail Neal

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
The check valve is in the part that you screw the hose into for city water. If you take the storage panel off and look behide the UDC you can see it. I have took them off and and got them to seat but generally will need a new one. Try relieving the water pressure and pushing on the check valve frrom inside the UDC and see if it might reseat.....Kenny

larneal

Thanks Ken. I thought that might be it. I took the little spring and washer out and the valve was just laying in there. I called Heartland and they are sending me a new one. In the mean time I will just plug it.

katkens

Thanks Ken. I thought that might be it. I took the little spring and washer out and the valve was just laying in there. I called Heartland and they are sending me a new one. In the mean time I will just plug it.

This is a common failure part , might go to any RV dealer and get one . I know there not that expensive and then you will be fixed. Then you will have an extra one and can sell it to some other poor soul if you never need it.:D....Kenny

imchud

The check valve is in the part that you screw the hose into for city water. If you take the storage panel off and look behide the UDC you can see it. I have took them off and and got them to seat but generally will need a new one. Try relieving the water pressure and pushing on the check valve frrom inside the UDC and see if it might reseat.....Kenny

A quick question.... i have a quick disconnect fitting that i leave attached to my city water infeed. The male part of the fitting is the one attached to the city water infeed, the female end I leave attached to the hose, that way I just snap the hose to the city water infeed... So now the question..... if I leave the fitting attached to the city water infeed is the check valve always stuck open??

tommy

katkens

A quick question.... i have a quick disconnect fitting that i leave attached to my city water infeed. The male part of the fitting is the one attached to the city water infeed, the female end I leave attached to the hose, that way I just snap the hose to the city water infeed... So now the question..... if I leave the fitting attached to the city water infeed is the check valve always stuck open??

tommy

I have quick disconnects on all my hoses and hose fittings in the UDC, they work fine. The check valve only opens with water pressure. I think you will like the setup and I have less water that drips in the UDC to wipe up. I have 2 water filters that attach also and everything just quick snaps together ......Kenny

phranc

Ken is correct on the check valve ..Try the quick connect on your hoses ,It's nice.
another way to make a quick fix is to put one of those on-off hose valves with a quick connect on the fill