I can't find a thread on wiring a plug at home

GETnBYE

I have searched and can't find it. Any ideas?
I have heard stories of frying the appliances if it's done wrong. I need to know how to fix up a plug in for a 50 amp. B.C.

SilverRhino

Use Proper Wire Size

The link that Bob suggested tells you everything you need to know......including what gauge wire to use......determined by length of run. My son is an electrician....he told me that one of the most common....and....dangerous mistakes he sees going behind "do-it-yourselfer's" is improper wire size.......don't scrimp......be safe ;)

Just my opinion :eek:

Jarhead

USMC Phantom Phixer
use of proper wire size

The link that Bob suggested tells you everything you need to know......including what gauge wire to use......determined by length of run. My son is an electrician....he told me that one of the most common....and....dangerous mistakes he sees going behind "do-it-yourselfer's" is improper wire size.......don't scrimp......be safe ;)

Just my opinion :eek:

SilverRhino is totally correct here. Wire size has a huge bearing on the ability of the wire to safely carry the correct amperage you need over the distance you require. Please don't skimp - you will be very sorry :eek: if you do.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Use #6 wire and you won't have a problem. I wired my home garage subpanel from the main panel (35 ft. run) to supply 50A for my tools using 6-3 w/g. Passed inspection, no problem. When I moved the Progressive EMC unit in my 3670, I found the wiring was #6, so I just used some of the left over cable I had to reposition it. You might get away with #8, but #6 will give you a safety margin.