I Don't Get It

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
OK Ladies, and there are many of us out there, I was just thinking how unequal this rving thing is. We need to fight for equal opportunity camping funds. We read all over the forum about the new toys (level up, JT Strong Arms, Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems to name a few) that all our guys just "gotta have". Although, some of those things add safety and security to our travels, we surely take comfort since our boys got those toys. But when we ask for a new melon baller :eek: from the dollar store (a kitchen comfort) they look at us like we've lost our minds. The usual response is what are you gonna do with that? Well honey, I'm gonna ball my melons if you'd be so kind as to leave it in the cart and give me a dollar! The boys get all the big toys. Not fair! Let's try to come up with some things that us girls just "gotta have". Let's have some fun with this one.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
OK Ladies, and there are many of us out there, I was just thinking how unequal this rving thing is. We need to fight for equal opportunity camping funds. We read all over the forum about the new toys (level up, JT Strong Arms, Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems to name a few) that all our guys just "gotta have". Although, some of those things add safety and security to our travels, we surely take comfort since our boys got those toys. But when we ask for a new melon baller :eek: from the dollar store (a kitchen comfort) they look at us like we've lost our minds. The usual response is what are you gonna do with that? Well honey, I'm gonna ball my melons if you'd be so kind as to leave it in the cart and give me a dollar! The boys get all the big toys. Not fair! Let's try to come up with some things that us girls just "gotta have". Let's have some fun with this one.
Good thread. Now leme think of some things that I have had to have.:D

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I found my "just gotta have it" The I-Robot, 610 professional series vacuum cleaning robot. Best price so far is $549 but worth every penny.

Now honey, I know you bought me the Bighorn with central vac and I really appreciate all you do for me. But this one "I just gotta have". Only added 16.5 pounds to the camper, but lost about 10 pounds by leaving the central vac hose and attachments at home. Net weight increase 6.5 pounds! Not bad! As a consiliatory move, I'll ditch the melon baller and the ice cream scoop! We're even!

Does anyone know if they make a model that can climb the steps into the bedroom?

bill40

Jerry want's a young good looking Chef, price to be determined.Must be lite weight. Don't want to over load the Chevy

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bill, here's the deal. I'm 6'1" 200# ...old and can cook scrambled egg's and boil soup. I can ride in the rear of the coach to counter balance the weight. BTW, you have a mircowave, right, I'm a wizz with those.

Now let me see.
1. new tires for the chebby
2. curtains for the horn
3. extra fridge for the horn
4. new bed spread
5. new recliners
6. build shelf for over the door
7. build shelf on the head board
8. new LR TV..on slides and a swivel
9. build shelf for DVD's to put behind the new TV
10. Now the most important thing that I need now is a lifetime pass to Joann's and JP Penny's. Cause they have all the stuff "I" need. NOT !!

#1 is a safety item...but all of the rest was something I needed?? Heck I'm happy with a sleeping bag, a beer and a bag of chips.The chairs cost more than the tires. A truck load of "mellon ballers" would have cheaper. As of this writing though, I think I have been banned from Joann's by the management. Thank the Lord. My picture is on the front door. I'm working on JP Pennys. In closing we have to love the ladies in our lives as they do keep it all together. BTW, if you want to see all the "mods" that "I" wanted, they are all posted in the "mods" section. Bob:D:D

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Jerry, Don't waste your toy on a mere cook! John will cook for ya next time we're camped behind you. Unless you intend to order the dishwasher. The chef only cooks.

bill40

Your hired, Patty, Deb and Jer can go shopping, John will take care of dinner and I'll do the dishes. The only mod I need is a valve for the black water tank, Deb & John can explain that one, great way to meet new friends.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Heck, I'd like a cook in a frilly little French maid outfit.....No, honey, that frying pan ain't a frizzbee :eek:

Can't say I get and she don't. She has direct link to QVC, HSN, most online catalogs and the credit cards, along with her monthly allowance. I take care of the "hardware" and she takes care of the rest. I just watch the numbers and let her know when it's time to take a break. Recently, she wanted a Cricut for her scrapbooking, I wanted a new fishfinder for the pontoon. It all works out.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Heck, I'd like a cook in a frilly little French maid outfit.....No, honey, that frying pan ain't a frizzbee :eek:

Can't say I get and she don't. She has direct link to QVC, HSN, most online catalogs and the credit cards, along with her monthly allowance. I take care of the "hardware" and she takes care of the rest. I just watch the numbers and let her know when it's time to take a break. Recently, she wanted a Cricut for her scrapbooking, I wanted a new fishfinder for the pontoon. It all works out.

John....heres your French Maid....:eek:

French Maid.jpg

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well John, even a cook without the frilly outfit is fine..:eek: OMG........ NOT THAT ONE. KENNY YOUR A SICK PUPPY!!! All I wanted was a "soft tail springer" Harley. BUT....OOOOOOH NO. I did get a trailer and truck payment though.

OH, I know that one, I pulled that one on myself. It's the take the cap off to hook up the poop hose....poop run out of the pipe trick.....:eek::eek:..........wearing my flip-flops. It gets worse from there. EEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUH:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bill, you have a great idea. Give the girls money and send them away....far away. We get lawn chairs, cooler with cold beer, and a big bag of chips.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Bill,

Your right about that! What a wonderful way to make new friends. Tell you what, I'll buy a cheaper robotic vacuum and get you a twist on valve:D. Best deal I can think of right now. How about if Jerry and I give you the night off and we eat out in Sea Isle City so you don't have to do the dishes.

Oops, if I buy a cheaper robotic vacuum:(, John wants the 60" scanning tailgate light bar from Recon.:eek::eek::eek:

Don't get me wrong guys, we trade off everyday! Most of the forum posts are devoted to "man issues". We surely benefit from your mods and improvements and appreciate your hard work. Just trying to create some fun girl talk!

I'm still trying to figure out how Jim B's new electric skillet fits in.:confused:

bill40

I knew that picture was going too pop up.
Had that tail light thingy on the screen yesterday.
Don"t think they can go up stairs.
Sounds like a plan Bob.
Jim saw Jon fixen those great eggs for the morning breakfast, so he had to have one, it was in the budget and I believe it was a sanctioned event.Somewhere there is a picture of it.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
The black gloves are a nice touch. After all a girl's gotta do everything possible to protect her nails:D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The black gloves are a nice touch. After all a girl's gotta do everything possible to protect her nails:D

I'm not too sure that IS a girl :eek:. Looks like "she's" got a five o'clock shadow. Might be a "she" in some alternating circles, but none that I care to belong to...:rolleyes:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Boy Deb, bet you never thought the thread would take a turn in this direction:eek::eek::D. (I kind of like that pink feather duster:rolleyes:)

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Ok, sad but true, mine is a vacuum as well. A Dyson, ball vacuum ~cue choir of angels~. My dear husband can't seem to understand that it is a case of the right tool for the job. I am on my second crappy vacuum that I hate. If you can understand $300 for someone to detail your truck which lasts all of a week,,, what is not to understand about $400 on a vacuum that will last many years? That is why we think you are "cute" aka mandumb.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
OK I've been so tangled up in this rally thing that I never put this post up.

John and I went to a local flea market over the weekend. Walking through one display of goods I noticed the kitchen articles. (I had to run a test, just couldn't resist) I picked up a melon baller and said Honey, can I get this? He turned, looked and said what are you gonna do with that? Oh, how predictable!

Well honey, I'm gonna ball my melons..............