Closable AC Vents

ezrhino

I was wondering if there is a manufacturer of a louvered AC vent that would shut off air flow to the vent by closing a louver. My Jazz 5th wheel had them and it was great. We would shut off the living room vents and direct the flow to the bedrooms at night. My new Sundance did not come with closable AC vents. I checked on line and found D&W Inc. in Indiana. They have louvered AC vents but alas they are a half inch bigger than the existing hole. I dont think i want to try and enlarge the existing hole on my own. Does anyone have any ideas? The CD insertion might be ok for a day or two but I want a permanent fix.

Thanks

John

2008 3300 Sundance RLB

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
I was wondering if there is a manufacturer of a louvered AC vent that would shut off air flow to the vent by closing a louver. My Jazz 5th wheel had them and it was great. We would shut off the living room vents and direct the flow to the bedrooms at night. My new Sundance did not come with closable AC vents. I checked on line and found D&W Inc. in Indiana. They have louvered AC vents but alas they are a half inch bigger than the existing hole. I dont think i want to try and enlarge the existing hole on my own. Does anyone have any ideas? The CD insertion might be ok for a day or two but I want a permanent fix.

Thanks

John

2008 3300 Sundance RLB
We still an SOB and it has vents that screw closed. You can probably look them up. We close all but 3 in our rig. HTH

Last edited:

buckeyebob

vents

i bought 5 and only needed 3 to replace lr and kitchen vents.they were about a half inch different,but they worked.i just used the existing screw holes and centered them and screwed in new holes.there is a lot of slop to play with and i replaced 3 in about 5 minutes i got the ones thay unscrewed to open more.any questions email me buckeyebob.

Jimmyt5

Here is my fix, used old one and put new one inside of it.....

Attachments

• DSCF0215%20(Medium).JPG
    DSCF0215%20(Medium).JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 102