question about ac ducting

thomasinnv

2010 sundance 3300rlb...the h duct in the ceiling, does it run the full length of the trailer on both sides? in the front bedroom there are 2 vents, both on the left side duct. does the right side duct run all the way to the front bedroom as well? i would like to add 2 more vents in the front bedroom on the right side in the same locations as the left side.

2010augusta

Take the forward most right A/C vent out and use a small mirror and a flashlight, and you should be able to tell how far the duct goes. just my $.02

SmokeyBare

We have a BigHorn 3400-RL... so I can't say if the duct work is anything close to the same as your 3300-RL Sundance.

That said, our door side duct stops at the vent in the bathroom Vault (room where the toilet is located). The Vent in the bathroom blocks the duct from running any further into the bedroom area. On the Off Door side... the duct runs past the last or most forward A/C ceiling vent.

Alan's suggestion is spot on to learn what your asking... In fact I sealed off the duct work where the last ceiling vent was located... just to be sure no leaks existed beyond my reach. Didn't figure the cold air needed to travel beyond the vent.

thomasinnv

theoretically it could run all the way to the front, there are no vents or skylights to stop it. it's a little far i think to see with a flash light so i will try a tape measure stuffed up through an ac vent.