Bighorn being delivered - could it be yours?

jbeletti

Traveling on I-90 West to our seasonal sight near Marengo, IL, we spotted a 5er in the distance that really looked like a Heartland from the back. As we got closer - sure enough, it was a Bighorn. Looks like dealer plates and being towed by a transporter.

//heartlandowners.org/images/bighorn_sighting_06-10-06.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I kind of hope it's not ours. It couldn't be. It's way too soon. I guess if it is, we'll have to take out a 2nd on the house till we close in August.

Jim, are you in that Campground near the Toll booth coming into Belvidere? It can be seen as you're approaching the toll on the right. Campers around a pond. We drove in there once and it might have been too early in the season. I don't think they take overnighters. We stay quite often at Paul Wolfe c'ground on Big Timber Road.

jbeletti

Hi Ray,

It is the next toll plaza past Belvidere as you're heading towards Chicago. But yes, you can see it from the toll-plaza. There is a lake (large pond really) visible from the toll road and across that is our Landmark. That is the seasonal site location. Farther off the expressway are the monthly/weekly/nightly sites.

As far as campgrounds go, we've stayed at much nicer. But we park the rig here because it is the closest to our home (about 35 minutes). So not too far to go for the weekend. We actually looked at 2 other CGs farther down US 20 towards Belvidere and we preferred Lehman's.

Paul Wolfe - is that a county park? I think I have heard of it.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Yes it is a County Park. Nice paved back in's, 30amp in most. Water can be a stretch and use a filter if you're able to reach it. Otherwise bring fresh from home. No showers. Nice clean place though. Hiking trails and quiet.
We've also stayed in a place at the Genoa Road exit behind the new WalMart. It's an RV Resort park but reasonably priced. I can't think of the name of it. Take Care.

BluegrassMan

Spotting Heartland Products

I reckon I can put this in this section. When going to my dealer today, I counted "6 Landmarks, 4 painted, 2 not. and 4 Bighorns, all in the same line.None If ANYONE gets to the Pa/Md line on I-81S, they have alot to choose from. I hear that the sales staff is a little indifferent sometimes, I'll bet the owner of the dealership doesn't know that.:eek:

BluegrassMan

Hey Guy's:
Yep, it is the last exit in Pa. The exit is just a few feet into Maryland, then it dumps back in Pa. Yes it is Keystone RV Center. Their high lines are Teton and Landmarks. I din't know how many different brands they carry, a bunch. If you stop in there and don't get satisfaction, ask for Aldean Martin. He's the owner, it might help. It is a busy dealership being right along the interstate and all. He even has a small overnite park to stay in out back of the dealership under the trees.

phranc

Denny .. Stayed there once.Wife and I didn't feel like going home and stayed out an extra day there.This was a couple of years ago and Heartland had yet to be in production.Sales man was only too happy to show us around. Nice people, shop amd a well stocked store..Campground doesn't take reservations though, first come ,first served..