Ice Maker Water Line-Leak

nemo45

We discovered a leak one the off door side of the rig, water was dripping out of the black line cover for the water line going to the ice maker. I traced the line back to where it enters the trailer near the docking station and it was dry there. I found a pin hole in the nylon water line about two feet before the compression elbow where it turns to go up to the refrigerator. I cut about a half inch out of the line where the pin hole was and put a nylon compression fitting there. No more leak. My question is, is there a shut off valve somewhere along that line? If there is, I'm thinking its probably behind the docking station and I'd have to remove part of the wall in the basement to get at it.

osims

bsims
I realize the valve location are not the same in all the models, but mine is behind the drawer under the frig.
Bill

Jimmyt5

Mine is in back of the wall by the UDC....
Mine was leaking about a week after having the unit, I cut a door in the wall so you can open a cut it off if needed.....:D

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Mine is behind the wall in the storage area. I just had a pin hole in mine and fixed it with a brass compression fitting. I'm sure your's is behind the wall also.

nemo45

Yes, to me, the only place it makes sense to put a shut-off is where it comes off the main water line, which I'm pretty sure is behind the Docking Station. Anyway, I'm not going to search for it unless I have another leaking problem. Since we got the fifthwheel in June, both sides of the compression elbow have leaked and had to be tightened and now the pinhole. I would have used a breass compression fitting to fix it but the local hardware store was out of 1/4". So, I remembered I had a nylon one left over from repairing my daughter's water and icemaker valve on her refrig. and used that one. Never throw stuff like that away. You never know when you'll need it. Saved me a 15 mi. trip to the nearest Home Depot.

Last edited:

2010augusta

Look behind the basement wall. You can also under the unit from the access panel and see where the line goes, if it is heading to the basement, you'll find it at the "T" fitting where it branches off of the 1/2" PEX

wdk450

Same Problem

We discovered a leak one the off door side of the rig, water was dripping out of the black line cover for the water line going to the ice maker. I traced the line back to where it enters the trailer near the docking station and it was dry there. I found a pin hole in the nylon water line about two feet before the compression elbow where it turns to go up to the refrigerator. I cut about a half inch out of the line where the pin hole was and put a nylon compression fitting there. No more leak. My question is, is there a shut off valve somewhere along that line? If there is, I'm thinking its probably behind the docking station and I'd have to remove part of the wall in the basement to get at it.

I had the same problem this summer. My valve is behind the docking station. While I was accessing the valve, I modified the cover panel with 2 removable pin door hinges at the middle and a pair of luggage-type draw latches at the odd angle UDC end. Now ist is much easier to access that area.