New owner here :)

Just bought our 2010 Eagle Ridge 35QSQB and it gets delivered on Sunday out at our seasonal site in Drumheller. We live in Airdrie and we are camping each weekend. I pull the trailer with a 2008 F350 and cannot wait to get the new trailer :) We just upgraded from a 2007 KZ Spree 320BHS and the kids are growing so needed more space. I look forward to this forum and hope I can learn and add info as needed.

Steve and Charlene Grueber
Brettany 12, Chanelle 9, Kody 4
Krissy aka Killer (5 lb Pomeranian :) )

jimtoo

HI Steve and Charlene,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information if you need any help. There are tons of mods folks have made and new ideas are always welcome.

Enjoy the forum and make lots of new friends.

Safe camping.

Jim M

jbeletti

Welcome to the forum. Consider taking that new unit to the Alberta rally next month. Here's a link to details.

Jim

DMitch

Best of luck with the new unit and many years of joyfull camping. Welcome to the heartland World.

All the best,

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Welcome aboard, you will not regret your decision. We have been more than pleased with the Heartland Brand.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new Eagle Ridge and welcome to the Heartland group.

dieselsweetheart

Hi Steve and Charlene and welcome to the Heartland family (and the forum) from the PA Chapter Leader....hope you'll come to visit us in PA sometime!

Paul_in_MN

Steve and Charlene,

My wife Teri and I bought our 2010 Eagle Ridge about a month ago. So far (due to a daughter's wedding) we haven't yet had time to take it out on the road. But some of the wedding relatives got to stay in it for a couple of days as it is parked in our back yard. The rellies proved that most things in the trailer work as they should.

What I have learned so far is mostly about the electrical system. Although the trailer can work off a 30 amp campground pedistal, it is really designed for a 50 amp supply. If you are hooked up to a good 50 amp system at your camp site, you should have no problems. But with the 30 amp supply you need to be careful about your total electric usage. The Halftime oven takes a lot of electricity, and so does the electric hot water heater. There is a lock out switch on the water heater so you can shut off the electric heating element and use the LP. The halftime oven is beautiful, but I was disappointed that it could not be fired with LP (but the cook top above the oven is LP)...so I was a bit confused by that.

My dealer says that you can expect about 2 hours of power for the lights, water pump, and other 12 volt appliances like radio system from the single house battery. I again was disappointed that there was no provision for adding a second house battery. But I will make that mod myself. As of this afternoon, I bought a EU series Honda generator to help us in the state parks and national forests. We do like to do some boondocking.

Enjoy your beautiful new trailer!! Ours is the 34 RLSA model which we pull with a 2002 F 350 powerstroke diesel crew cab PU. We hope to begin enjoying ours in about a week.

Paul in MN

MONEY

Welcome....a lot of knowledge and experience on here. Any time I try to answer somebody at least two people answer before me....good forum and people here...

Attachments

• nomad.jpg
    nomad.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Firefox_wallpaper.jpg
    Firefox_wallpaper.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 12
well the new unit got delivered today and what a job transferring the stuff from the old one. It felt almost like moving a house lol. I will post some pics next weekend.

AL KADEY

ALLEYKAT&MOMMAKAT
Welcome to the family of heartland owners!!!
Its not that far from drum to sundrie so consider the rally mid month

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
For sure, come on over to the rally in Sundre. Give you a chance to get a little road time in and meet some other Heartland Owners..../Doug