40 Clove Chicken

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We made this for the MI Chapter Rally and one or two people liked it. They ate all four chickens. Easy to prepare, well kind of, we use fresh garlic and that is the only hard part. 160 cloves yesterday. :) See the attached PDF.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• 40_Cloves_and_a_Chicken.pdf
    33.6 KB · Views: 103

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
We made this for the MI Chapter Rally and one or two people liked it. They ate all four chickens. Easy to prepare, well kind of, we use fresh garlic and that is the only hard part. 160 cloves yesterday. :) See the attached PDF.

Peace
Dave
Sounds great. Did yall pass out breath mints afterwards?:eek:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wow, I just read the recipe and my office smells like garlic! Seriously, sounds delicious:)!

nemo45

Excuse the dumb question, but, your recipe states to add garlic cloves after browning. Where to you put them, in the cavity, just add them to the roaster, or in pockets you slice into the meat?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
nemo45, cut the chicken into pieces and brown them. Then put browned chicken pieces, olive oil, garlic cloves (pealed), thyme, salt and pepper in a roaster. Cover and roast.

Peace
Dave

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Cookie.great dinner makes me hungry just thinking about it ,it was time comsumming pealing all that garlic.Thanks again for making it TRAVELER

Bobby A

Just an FYI, you can buy garlic peeled from Sam's Club or Costco, it comes in a great big container. We use it all the time, it's great and no peeling. You can store it in the freezer, just put a piece of saran wrap over the top and then put the lid back on. This keeps it fresher. I can't wait to try this recipe it sounds awesome.