Roof Schematic

Racerguy

This may sound crazy, but I would like to have a schematic of the roof. In particular, Location of each holding tank vents. I want to replace the factor installed with a device that will pull the odor from the holding tank.

Scott

Schematics

I am going to tell you to contact the engineering dept. at Heartland to see what they can do to accomodate your request.
For Bighorn/Sundance, it's Scott Lytle. Ph. 574.266.8726
For Cyclone/Landmark it's Cris Myers. Ph. 574.262.5992

slaytop

I was looking for the same vent information for my Shenandoah and decided to map the vents by sending water down from the roof and watching which waste valve was releasing the water. Here is a description of what I discovered.

The single vent in front of the bathroom power roof fan lid on the door side is for Gray #2. There are two vents on the off-door side between the refrigerator vent and the shower skylight. The vent closest to the side is for the Black Water Tank and the second vent is for Gray #1. The large vent in front of the shower skylight is a passive air roof vent.

The tank vent caps can be removed by taking out a single screw in the cap under some caulking and then pull upward. Be careful to match up the underside prongs when reinstalling. The air vent cap can be removed by unscrewing it counterclockwise. It has a center bolt stud holding it in place.

I was surprised to find the black water tank vent on the opposite side of the roof from the bathroom but when looking at the tank (as best as I could see) it vents from the off-door end.

timk

Greg,
For what its worth, I did the same thing slaytop did. And by the way, the goofly little swinging vent cap thing worked. Stinkey all gone. My blank tank was the one over by the shower skylight, on our 3400. Did'nt do the grey tanks.
TimK