Anyone Seen This Yet.. Generator Auto-start

2010augusta

Cummins/Onan has or is about to release a wireless remote generator auto-start system to start generators before the batteries get too low AND will turn on the A/C to cool the trailer if shore power fails or the temps gets too warm while boon-docking. It would be a great accessory for those of us with pets. I am not sure about a price yet, but rumored to be $499. This might have to go on the wish list;)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
That looks like a great investment - a "toy" that will actually "pay for itself" in peace of mind. Now if only I can get that Landmark Grand Canyon we've been looking at, so I can put a generator in it:D.

Delaine and Lindy

Generator !!

We have had the onboard Generator by Onan but it wasn't Auto. This system has been out for a while (Motor Homes). I also have a in-bed Generator in a Toolbox built by Mountain Master in Az but we very seldom ever used the Generators. Don't think either Generator ever had over 150 hrs. We may get a small Hondo just for use if we have to stop for a short time just to keep cool or warm. Our 5th wheel does have a emergency management system for the electric if you are using more amps it will shut off certain systems so what ever your using will keep going. It would be good for the pets for sure. I just don't want the extra weight. GBY...