Landing Gear in the future...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I know the topic has been discussed before but I guess I just have to rant for a minute..

I do not have a problem with the electric landing gear systm. I just don't like it. Everytime we move it is the same old thing. I drop the landing gear to get it off the TV. Then I have to raise it or lower it to level. It seems like I am developing a corpral finger holding the button down to raise and lower the trailer. My previous 5er was a FR Wildcat. Inexpensive trailer but it had hydraulic landing gear and slides.

I know I could have pruchased a Landmark and it would have had hydraulic landing gear but get so tired of the grinding of the electric motor to lift or lower the trailer.

So here is my suggestion. HEARTLAND... put a hydraulic landing gear system on all 5th wheels. I would have been happy to pay the difference.

OK.. My rant is over.. Sorry I just had to get it out.

BC

Delaine and Lindy

Level Up System !!!!

I recomend the Level Up System by Lippert. It will have 6 hydraulic jacks, and you can get a remote also. I have the system and it takes less than 5 minutes after I spot the 5th wheel on the site. Just drop the 5er and level side to side and then front to rear. Its the fastest system I have owned. I have only read about the level ease system. This is the second 5er we have owned with the Level up System. Worth ever penny it cost. kakamper had the system installed on his Big Horn. GBY....

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I have a more advanced Level-Up system than JimB...mine is remote controlled.

The major difference in my set-up concerns the front landing gear. As the Bighorn comes with electric landing gear, Trailair needed to install hydraulic landing gear...the best part is, instead of using what Heartland uses on the Landmark...you know, the regular ones with drop feet...they used what Mobile Suites uses. We know have the 5 degree angled landing gear that comes down one at a time and then lifts simultaneously, once both feet have hit the ground!

These things are massive, and NO MORE PINS TO PULL!! :D We love it!!!

geeksrus

I know the topic has been discussed before but I guess I just have to rant for a minute..

I do not have a problem with the electric landing gear systm. I just don't like it. Everytime we move it is the same old thing. I drop the landing gear to get it off the TV. Then I have to raise it or lower it to level. It seems like I am developing a corpral finger holding the button down to raise and lower the trailer. My previous 5er was a FR Wildcat. Inexpensive trailer but it had hydraulic landing gear and slides.

I know I could have pruchased a Landmark and it would have had hydraulic landing gear but get so tired of the grinding of the electric motor to lift or lower the trailer.

So here is my suggestion. HEARTLAND... put a hydraulic landing gear system on all 5th wheels. I would have been happy to pay the difference.

OK.. My rant is over.. Sorry I just had to get it out.

BC

Right on...............

Eh!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thanks for the responses.

My problem is that the electric system grinds so slow and has so many problems with fuses because it is working so hard to lift the front of the 5er.

I like the upgrade that kakampers has added, but I think it would be something that should be installed on all Heartland 5th wheels. As Jimmyt5 my button sticks and I didn't have it fixed but I set an watch the landing gear move. I have to find a point on the leg to just see if it is moving and has not stalled out.

I just may be going to see Trailair in the future.

BC