What happened to my thread?

jiminny

Hello, I am a new member. I recently started a thread in the North Trail section's Ask The Factory area and went in to check to see if I had a reply from a rep. and my thread was gone. Can you tell me where it was moved to? If it was deleted, can you explain why that may be the case?

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
It may be the case that a moderator has not reviewed it yet. The "ask the factory" section is moderated and all posts must be approved by a Moderator. That holds true for everyone, regardless of how long they have been a member of the forum. You might check back a bit later and see if it has appeared.
Fred

jiminny

Thanks, actually the thread had several replies, already. I have been following it for some time, now. It just seemed to disappear from from where I thought I put it. Seems so silly, now. But, I have found the thread, after searching a bit in the General Discussion area. But, I was so sure I started it in the Ask the Factory section. :confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks, actually the thread had several replies, already. I have been following it for some time, now. It just seemed to disappear from from where I thought I put it. Seems so silly, now. But, I have found the thread, after searching a bit in the General Discussion area. But, I was so sure I started it in the Ask the Factory section. :confused:
Jim, There are times when a thread will be moved out of the Ask the Factory section to the appropriate area of the forum for a particular question. Mostly when the question is responded to by either the factory or a member with the correct answer. All posts in the ask the factory section generate an e-mail to the appropriate person at the factory, so in an effort to reduce the number of e-mails, we try to keep it uncluttered. We try to leave a redirect for the thread but it's not always rememberd. Thanks for understanding.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you lose track of your posts, or don't remember where you put it, click on your name in the upper right corner. Go to the tab for Statistics, and you can pull up a list of every post you've answered or started.