water pressure surges on shureflo 5.7

does anyone else have water pressure that surges upon startup ( usually 2 or 3 times). It makes it tough to have a comfortable shower if you shut it off after rinsing an area to conserve water. It seems every time time you will a different temp

grizzlygiant

A change in temperature when turning the shower back on is common to (most) all RVs. There have been many suggestions for a fix but none that I know of actually work. You will soon get accustomed to a cold shock every time you turn it on.

The surge when the water comes on can easily be fixed by the addition of a small accumulator tank in the main line from the pump.

porthole

Retired
Shurflo recommends against an accumulator tank with variable speed pump.

Switching hte shower head on and off left me with a too hot shower whenever I switched the shower head back on.

What I found to work better was just shutting the water off completely. Turned back on to full (both the hot and cold) gives me just the right temp, with no cold or hot spikes.

I put a shutoff just above the valves and it greatly reduced the cold shot. The original pump would increase volume with demand and did not surge but failed after the first year. Shurflo sent me a replacement but this one seems to have a problem. I am hoping shureflo will email me a solution. If I get the fix i'll post the results. Thanks.

Got a reply from shureflo , turned the adj. screw while the flow was to stop the surges, seems to be ok. I'll find out next week when we take it out again.

MrBill

Got a reply from shureflo , turned the adj. screw while the flow was to stop the surges, seems to be ok. I'll find out next week when we take it out again.

Are you saying the shureflo has an adjusting screw? Can you give me more details?

adj. screw

On the front of the pump there are screws, the middle one is the operation and shut-off adjustment screw. I don't think it does anything more than control the shut-off cycling.