attention all 2010 owners!!

2010augusta

Does anyone that has a 2010 model have the weight stickers and tire ratings stickers. I do not have any on the Augusta and I have looked everywhere. I had to have the dealership that did our VIN check call heartland or our dealer and they said it was no longer required to have the stickers, but now that I will have to resister the trailer in a different state I just want to verify this information.

On a additional note I believe I chose/paid to have an RVIA certification sticker, but I don't have that either. Who do I contact for this?

Maybe our trailer miss the "sticker station" on the line:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks in advance.

porthole

Retired
Ah yup. 2010 Cyclone 3010

Attachments

• Cyclone_ext_11.jpg
    Cyclone_ext_11.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Cyclone_ext_08.jpg
    Cyclone_ext_08.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 66

Bobby A

yea, our 2010 B/H 3580 has the sticker on the off door side and also had a sticker on the inner frame of the entry door.

2010augusta

I guess I call heartland on Monday morning and try to figure out what happened to our stickers. I know my unit was "rushed" out of the plant after a long delay in paint, so I bet it was an over-sight.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I guess I call heartland on Monday morning and try to figure out what happened to our stickers. I know my unit was "rushed" out of the plant after a long delay in paint, so I bet it was an over-sight.

Has to be Alan. My sticker is in the exact same location as Portholes.

Keith

jbeletti

Alan,

Email me your full VIN, phone number and mailing address. We'll figure out the sticker issue and make it right.

Jim

2010augusta

Well I just found out that all three labels have been sent to us and I will get them soon. Thanks for the help and information.

jaxonwood

Pardon my severe case of RV Newbie... but I just bought a '10 Augusta as well and as I continue my indoctrination I am curious about the significance of having the placards/stickers present, as well as what the hubub is about an RVIA certificate?
Regards,
Doug

jbeletti

Hi Doug,

The RVIA is an industry organization. Among other things, they have established rules and standards for the RV industry. Some of those pertain to key systems within an RV. An manufacturer does not have to adhere to these rules and standards, nor be a member of the RVIA.

That said, most manufacturers are members and as such, must build RVs with the rules and standards.

Manufacturers that do not belong to the RVIA cannot display coaches at most RV shows as they are RVIA sanctioned events. Many dealers will not sell RVs produced by non-RVIA member manufacturers.

Part of the rules are the decals/stickers - weights, ratings, RVIA seal etc.

Here's an excerpt from their website:
The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) is the national trade association representing recreation vehicle (RV) manufacturers and their component parts suppliers who together build more than 98 percent of all RVs produced in the U.S. An RV is a vehicle designed as temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, travel or season use. RVs may be motorized (motorhomes) or towable (travel trailers, folding camping trailers and truck campers). Off-road vehicles are not included in the RV definition.
Headquartered in the Washington, D.C. suburb of Reston, Virginia, RVIA is a unifying force for safety and professionalism within the RV industry and works with both federal and state government agencies to protect the interests of its members.
A clearinghouse of industry facts and information, RVIA also provides free materials to consumers and other publics about RV travel and camping and actively works with the media nationwide to educate the public about the benefits of RVing.
RVIA maintains as inspection program to monitor compliance of the plumbing, heating, fire and life safety, and the electrical systems of the RVs manufactured by its members in conformance to the ANSI/NFPA 1192 standard for RVs. RVIA also provides an on-going Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) education program for its members.
Jim

jbeletti

With Heartland, we only build RVIA certified RVs - so the price of this certification will be built into the cost of your RV from us as a forced-option.

Resale and trade-in purchases, by a savvy buyer could be enhanced as any buyer would appreciate knowing the RV was built to some standard and some level of safety.

Jim

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What does this sticker look like and where might it be on the 2008 North Trail?

We are thinking of staying at an RV Resort that insists on RVIA compliant rigs.

TT

2010augusta

It looks like this and is placed near the entry door.
logorvia.gif

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks! From pictures of my trailer that's what I thought, but we store our trailer off-site, and I didn't want to drive out there to check.

TT