Replacing Recliners

Kashman

Mark Lawrence
We have the original recliners from the factory ("American Style"??) and are looking to replace them with European style with ottoman. They don't seem to take up as much room as the others. Does anyone have any suggestions about were to look for them?:confused:

Last edited:

wdk450

Reminder

Remember to watch the width of what you purchase so the slides don't catch!

ChopperBill

We have the original recliners from the factory ("American Style"??) and are looking to replace them with European style with ottoman. They don't seem to take up as much room as the others. Does anyone have any suggestions about were to look for them?:confused:

If you were closer we might talk trade.

I've been contemplating making some type of change as well. They are VERY comfy, but do take up space and are a little too far out in the floor when pulled far enough from the wall to recline. I've tried moving the couch on the back wall, then putting the chairs where the couch was sitting. I liked that better as I could kick back, recline, and be just plum sorry, and be directly facing the TV, but can't leave it there as the slides wouldn't clear the couch. Either location, they are BIG.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Kashman - we replaced our recliners that came with the rig with leather Euro chairs that we found at a local furniture store. The chairs are made by Lane but like wdk450 said above, be sure to measure to make sure the widest part of the chairs clear the slide. Home furniture are wider than campers. We have to make sure we have them set just right becuz if not, they will catch the side of the slide (only have about 1/2" to play with). With all that in mind, I still like the Euro chairs better than what came with the rig and alway check the chairs before closing or opening the slides.

ksroll

We replaced our chairs with Lazy Boy wall hugger recliners. They fit perfect in the trailer, the slides work the same as with the original rocker chairs and the quality is much better. They were running a two for one sale and they should have a sale again on labor day weekend.
Our total cost was just under $1,000.00 after tax for both. They are more comfortable than the Lazy Boys in our house.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We replaced ours with a much lighter Euro style chair & ottoman. My back complained everytime I had to move those monsters for set up and take down. They seem adequate so far, we found them at a discount furniture store.../Doug