Video output

campboy

Just brought home our Sundance 245, the Jensen stereo is model #AWM910. There is a wire comming out that is yellow and tagged VIDEO. I understand what the wire is but the stereo says nothing about being anything but a CD player. During our walkthrough the tech said it would play DVDs. Was just getting ready to buy a flat screen with a built in player but would like to avoid the extra cost if the Jensen will do the job.
thanks dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Campboy, take a look at the back of your Jensen and see if there is a yellow RCA plug marked video out. Don't go by the fact that you see a wire with a yellow plug. Heartland most likely buys a bazillion wire sets and if the coach only calls for audio they use the same cord but only plug in the red and white for audio. Or you can take my word that the Jensen is an AM/FM/CD player only. No DVD.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
If it is a DVD player it will only give you a "VCR" quality output. May as well get the all in one TV or a separate DVD player.

The DVD function of the included radio is nice, but if you like to watch movies - upgrade.

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

The yellow video cable is likely a pre-run cable for the option of adding a DVD player, as the AWM910 does not support DVD playback. It has AM, FM, CD, and Auxiliary input only. Our comparable wallmount with DVD playback capability is the AWM970 model. You can visit our website for more information on these and other RV electronics:

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

red4re

The video cable is just a passthrough so you can hook up a dvd player and have the video go to your tv and the sound come out through the ceiling mounted speakers if you use the inputs that are there. It has been discussed before.

I don't like using it because the only volume control you have is from the Jenson radio. Your remote for your tv will not control the volume.

red