Quality of Sundance

Dixie

Before I order a Sundance, I would appriciate current owners sharing any quality issues they experienced with the trailer and would you buy another Sundance.

philjs

Dixie said:
Before I order a Sundance, I would appriciate current owners sharing any quality issues they experienced with the trailer and would you buy another Sundance.

Dixie,

We took delivery of our 2900MK 3 months ago (and it's our first 5th wheel so take this with a grain of salt) and are very pleased with how well put together the unit is. There have been -- and likely will be -- some issues but nothing serious and we've not had to take it back to the dealer for anything.

One problems we've had was that an exterior seal on the bed slide (that has a longer than needed sweep) came off the track from the friction of opening and closing the slide. Some new screws, a straight edge and a good knife fixed this without any recurring issues.

Other, very minor, issues included a "missing" light fixture under the microwave (upside is that we got to pick what we wanted), shade anchors that came out the first time the shade was lifted (slightly longer screws was the easy fix) and the lack of labels on the switches in the closet (again, easy to figure out, and a Dymo labeller put to good use).

The TV and "stereo" (Coby DVD player) are crap, as are the chairs and sofa, but we knew that going in. We never planned on keeping the chairs and sofa but replacing them with wall-away recliners and a multi-purpse desk/table that better suits what we do. We have replaced the TV with a widescreen LCD, and the "stereo" with something worthy of that name. We didn't buy the "house" for the appliances...

For the price, the unit we have is the best 3-slide unit with the largest floor area and best quality construction we could afford. We looked at others (Denali, Mountaineer, Savoy and more) but nothing approached the look and feel of the Sundance, together with the amenities we wanted at the price we wanted. We're happy campers (and plan to, eventually, full-time).

Hope this helps,

Phil

RugRat

Dixie -

I just picked up my 3200 RBH today and have to say there were very few issues that needed to be fixed. Mostly cosmetic and the PDI person was very impressed with the quality. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

salmon919

Dixie, we purchased a 2900Mk this past spring. So far problems except for the wire bracket on the couch/table slide. Heartland sent me a new piece and I fixed it myself. Other than that I have had several people inquire at the parks and they wanted to know where to go look at one.

charris57

2900 Mk

Dixie, we bought our Sundance in February this year. We love the space that it gives. As far as problems, we have had a few, but nothing that I would give it up. Our toilet would not hold water, that was resolved by the dealer replumbing it. Now it works fine. As stated by someone else, we also upgraded the TV and Stereo in the living area. Finding a TV to fit in the bedroom was a challenge, however, we finally found a flat screen that we could get in the hole. If you have never had a 5th wheel, the shaking of the front of the trailer takes some getting use to, but pulling the 5th wheel is so much more comfortable. My husband let me drive last weekend and I never felt it behind me. I was not white knuckled as I was with our travel trailer. Hope this helps.

jpmorgan37

Donna;
Get a bi-pod or tri-pod stabilizer for the front and put some pressure on the rear jacks. That will take care of most of the shake inside.

John

RugRat

Harris' - am curious on what you used to replace the dvd system. After messing with mine for a couple hours I am really disappointed in mine and am now considering a replacement. The sound is just lacking.

charris57

Stereo System

We replaced the DVD with a Yamaha Surround System sold through Best Buy. It was around $300 and the speaker mounts we were able to use. However, we did have a problem with the front bedroom speakers having impedence mismatch and so we installed a kitchen undercounter stereo in the bedroom. We also purchased a Sony DVD that we velcro'd on top of the stereo. All works great.

It was not a problem with what came with the Sundance, hubby just likes better sound.

lwfox002

Took delivery of our 08 2997BHS Sundance on 6/14/07 and used it this weekend. Noticed only a couple of small items, easily fixed on the spot. One problem I have to call about is the microwave. It just stopped once this weekend and would not work for about 5 minutes, then beep and was working again. I checked the breakers and outlet, all was OK. Had to be a reset in the appliance itself. Other that that, our unit is great.

jpmorgan37

Larry,
Several of us have found loose connections at the breaker panel. You might want disconnect the main power cord and check all screws on the individual breakers.
John