3300 RLB 2009 or 2010 model year

rmchad

Heartland Owner
Hi Everyone -- I am new to the forum and rather new to considering a Heartland Sundance. I was very close to purchasing a Titanium with a loft, but the lower price and what looks like reasonable build quality of the Sundance is appealing. Plus, the RLB floorplan would work well for our family -- two kids ages 4 and 7 and my out-of-my league wonderful wife!

My only local Heartland dealer has a 2009, but does not appear to be very aggressive with the price -- seams odd to me. I am finding 2010 units out of state for less money, including the cost to deliver.

I am still needing to do some negotiating, but I am trying to figure out if there is any real difference between the 2009 and 2010 models. The 2010 has the front LED lights, but that is the only difference I have found so far.

Anyone aware of other differences in these model years?

Thanks in advance for the help!

thomasinnv

there are few other subtle differences. the 2010 has the built in spice racks in the cabinets under the sink, above the cabinet doors. there is also a book shelf next to the bed that the 2009 does not have. the front cap design is slightly different. our 2010 has the upgraded 6k axles with equaflex suspension. the 6k axles were an option in 2009 but i'm nit sure about the equaflex suspension. i beleive the 2010 has different graphics as well. if the 2009 you are looking at does not have at least the 6k axles walk away.

check out lakeshore rv in Michigan. we saved almost 10k even after paying for delivery. no-one could come close to touching their price. our unit came off the line and went to the dealer for pdi then came directly to us. there were not hundreds of salesmen and potential customers walking through our unit.

DMitch

I think on the heartland website they show the differences for 2010. It may even be on this forum in another post. Try the search function maybe it is right here on this forum. I know I have seen it in several places.

All the best,

rmchad

Heartland Owner
Hi Thomasinnv -- that is exceptionally helpful. Thank you very much for the detailed information. I am especially glad to be aware of the axles. I do know that the 2009 has 5200lb axles, which didn't seem to allow for much added safety if fully loaded.

Thanks!