Any Experience with All American Coach in Toledo, OH?

rmchad

Heartland Owner
Hi Everyone,

While I am in Colorado, the 3300RLB Sundance unit that is most interesting to me is in Toledo, OH at All American Coach. After reading a few forums posts, it appears that several owners have purchased from another state.

Does anyone have experience with All American Coach or have a recommendation for a dealer closer to Colorado?

Thanks!

D

Dave Willis

Here are two dealers that we have in Colorado that can help you.

RV America
4777 Marketplace Drive
Johnstown, CO 80534
970-278-1900

Pikes Peak Traveland
4815 E. Platte Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80915
719-596-2716

Thanks,

brunsje

We are 25 miles from All-American Coach in Toledo. I wouldn't bother taking anything to them let alone buying anything from them! My dealer went under so I stopped at AAC and was basically told since I didn't purchase it there they really don't want to service it! Fine way to keep Heartland customers happy!

rmchad

Heartland Owner
We are 25 miles from All-American Coach in Toledo. I wouldn't bother taking anything to them let alone buying anything from them! My dealer went under so I stopped at AAC and was basically told since I didn't purchase it there they really don't want to service it! Fine way to keep Heartland customers happy!

Doesn't say much for their customer service -- probably not wining any awards! Thanks for the info.

jbeletti

Jerry,

I sent this into the factory as this is not the type of position we want our dealers taking. Brand Management had a discussion last week with the dealer in a similar matter. This may not have been you. In that matter, here is what I was told:

• A Heartland product owner was upset that the dealer did not have a mobile service option and did not want to set up a service appointment
  • Instead, they stopped in without an appointment
  • They wanted to be serviced then, while they waited. There was no opening in the service schedule, so this could not be done
  • They were asked to leave to the unit to be serviced. They were unable to do so
Here again, this may not have been you. The only reason I share this with the community is to make the point that we need to be reasonable with dealers on obtaining service. If it is not a catastrophic/emergency breakdown while "on the road", a service appointment is important. Many dealers have had to trim their operations down considerably in this difficult economic time and in some cases, the service department lost head count as well. As such, the remaining staff keeps very busy.

I'd like to invite you to contact Dave Willis (574-262-5992), our Brand Manager for Sundance, in order to talk about your specific experience with this dealer. This will allow Dave to address it with the dealer directly, after obtaining all the facts from you.

Jim

brunsje

Jim,
This happened back in May or June. I did contact the factory when I was still in the parking lot of AAC! They knew we were not happy with the treatment from them! This is a problem WITH AAC not Heartland! They were rather annoyed with them to say the least. I have talked to others who have tried to get their RV's (Coachman to name one) serviced there and they received the same treatment. I just wish Heartland would pull the plug on AAC and find someone else who really cares about service!

I live near AAC and have used them about 3 times for service. At first, they didn't want to service my sudndance. However, once they started selling Heartland products I have had no problems. Yes, you normaly have to leave your unit for service. It took about a week to get my coach back to me for each service appointment. It either was schedule or waiting for parts that caused the delay. I hope this helps.

4ever

I also went to All American Coach after our dealer went out of business. They said they would take care of me know problem. At first I was very impressed with the whole operation. Seemed to be very clean and well organized. Made an appointment and brought our unit to them. This was back in late June. We reviewed all items that needed to be done and left the unit with them. After a week or so I contacted them and they had not touched our unit. said they had many trailers to take care of for the 4th of July holiday weekend. This seemed reasonable to me. I could wait if others had plans. After a total of 6 - 7 weeks we only had a few items completed. Picked up my unit as w had a trip planned. After our trip made another appointment to have our unit worked on. I addition to the warranty work I had some other items I wanted taken care of. After a week nothing was done. Both time I had my unit their I had to call to find out what was going on (nothing). They were always very apologetic and had many excuses. Most were that they sold some new units and pushed me out of the way so that could get those out the door. I would never use these guys again.

I was in business for many years and know that things don't always go as planned. I also always try to give people the befit of the doubt. That is why I went back to them after my first experience. I was willing to give them another try. One of the things that bothered me the most was that I was always calling them. If they had reasons they could not work on my unit they should be initiating the call. Also need to come up with better excuses.

Just my 2 cents.

Ted

jbeletti

I would like to hear Heartland's and Jim's comments on this incident.

Sorry chilli - I have no more information on these incidents other than what was passed to me and already posted.

I see you are in the upper Detroit area of MI. Are you considering considering All American Coach as a selling dealer, should you buy a Heartland?

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sorry chilli - I have no more information on these incidents other than what was passed to me and already posted.

I see you are in the upper Detroit area of MI. Are you considering considering All American Coach as a selling dealer, should you buy a Heartland?

Jim

If he is, I'd recommend contacting General RV, Birch Run, instead. Ask for Lisa. Tell her I sent ya.

Early Shopper

I am very early in the shopping process, but open to any suggestions! Loving the idea of a HeartLand best I have seen.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Tell us what you are looking for...Travel Trailer or Fifth Wheel, Entry Level or Top of the Line, Toy hauler or not, Children or no Children, full timing or weekenders, type of tow vehicle you have now or will have. So you see once you make a decision from these you choices narrow.

rmchad

Heartland Owner
Hi Everyone -- I started this thread and ended up buying from All American Coach. I drove some 1100 miles one-way to do so. I talked with one of the sales reps, Lisa Schnapp, over the course of a couple of months. I became very comfortable with the dealer and I got a wonderful price on my Sundance. Lisa was great and Mike, their service person that did the walk-through with me, was incredible. Mike took his time, answered all of my questions, and never rushed me. He also drove with me around their lot several times to help adjust the break controller and also let me practice backing before I headed for my long drive home. They are a Route 66 dealer, which means I should receive priority service at any other Route 66 dealer (at least one in most states one I live about 30 miles away from one), so I was even less concerned with buying out of state. So needless to say, while I was a bit cautious of the dealer at first, I had a great experience!

The family loves the new Sundance -- kids really like the loft area it has. It is now in storage with snow on it, but we'll get it out as soon as we can in Spring!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
rmchad,
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you had a good experience with the dealer. Welcome to the Heartland Family. Now it is time for you to make plans for our National Rally in Nashville Tn. in 2010.

BTW, you may want to look into joining the Heartland Owner's Club too.

Good luck,
Mark

4ever

Congratulations on your new rig. I am sure you and your family will have a great time. Enjoy.

Ted

rmchad

Heartland Owner
Hi Mark -- thanks for the welcome! I am glad to be in the Heartland family. Unfortunately, we have a family reunion in Missouri at the same time as the National Rally. However, I do hope to make one of the Heartland rallys in the future -- maybe the Colorado one next year.

Be well!