At my limit

larneal

I pull a 3385 BH with my F250 HD 7.3 Diesel. This trailer is 11300 dry and the hitch weight is around 2000. The truck was doing pretty good but I had talked to other campers who pulled similar rigs and some of them had installed air bags so I thought that would help. I suggested it to my mechanic and he said load levelers would be better. I had them installed last week and I must agree they really help. The truck handles the load much easier and they cost about half what air bags cost. I know I'm at my limit with this truck but I'm feeling better about it now. One day I plan to upgrade to a dually.

Larry Neal
3385 Big Horn

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We had the same truck pulling a 3370. Right at the limits, mostly because there is no such thing as traveling light for us. When the tranny went south, we found a good deal on an F-350 dually. You'll appreciate the difference in towing immediately when you upgrade. Only drawback is the dang thing rides like a truck when not hooked up. :)

caissiel

I pull my 3500RL with my 2005 F250, I find that it performs as well on the new trailer as it did on the old one though the weight is 4000# more. The pin weight is similar or less. I pulled the old trailer with my 2500 GM for 9 years with the original shocks and springs. This F250 I have now had 2 extra ply of springs installed on the rear and I never liked the ride when the trailer was on, though empty it was fair. I tried the new trailer with the setup I kept for 2 years, and found that the ride was still to stiff and everything in the rear of the trailer jumped and fell. So today I removed one of the added leafs and will try the ride next week on the same road I road last week. With the removed Spring ply, the truck sites just right with the rear 1in lower then the front. In addition the helper springs are not touching on the rubbers yet. This setup seam to be right where I had the GM, with 2/3 Freshwater, 1/2 Graywater, and the Washer/Dryer Combination installed and all our stuff in the unit.